Can I attend OCI if I already accepted an offer? Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
jj0044

New

Can I attend OCI if I already accepted an offer?

Post by jj0044 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:46 pm

All,

I want to start by saying that until now, I had never even considered reneging. However, I am dissatisfied with how my (mid-sized) firm handled my offer. 1) They did not allow me to split summer and 2) they did not extend the deadline for the offer until after OCI. I accepted out of fear I would be unable to secure a job at OCI.

For context, I am ~50th percentile at a lower T14 school and I would like to get BigLaw in either a major market, like NY and DC, or a smaller market in the south.

Can I participate in OCI having already accepted an offer.

trmckenz

Bronze

Re: Can I attend OCI if I already accepted an offer?

Post by trmckenz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:19 am

Yes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:46 am

Yes, but keep in mind you lose all support from your careers services office if you renege on an offer from a firm that has relations with the office and abides by their policies and procedures. If the firm is noncompliant , reneging typically does not lose you support, but you'll want to check with the careers office on that.

If they made your offer exploding this early on, I would guess they're noncompliant.

Also, chill out fam. If you're median at a lower T14, you should be settling for a lower ranked V50-80/Chambers Band 3+ firm in your intended market and area of practice. If you're litigation or bust and got an offer from a respectable mid-sized litigation shop in Chi/Atl/Seattle/LA, I kind of get it, but it's still really early in the recruitment process.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:46 am
I kind of get it, but it's still really early in the recruitment process.
You’re responding to a post from Jan 2021 though?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”