What to do to boost my resume? Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
Anonymous User

What to do to boost my resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:38 am

I have been somewhere between a stay at home mom and working random jobs for short periods for years. I am finally going to school at 28, and my resume looks like I can't stay in one place too long, It has no consistency (car sales, fast food manager, CNA, etc.) My reality is that I have had to support my family, and now it is my turn to go back and complete college and fulfill my goals. What are some things I can do while I am in college that will make my resume look a little better by the time I graduate? I am maintaining a 4.0 and currently don't have a job--and with the 2020 crisis going on, I don't believe that I will be able to get one anytime soon. Any tips are appreciated.

namefromplace

Bronze

Re: What to do to boost my resume?

Post by namefromplace » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:51 am

What do you want to make your resume look better for? OCI or law school applications?

Either way, your previous resume for both doesn't really matter much when compared to your undergrad GPA, LSAT score, and law school grades. Just work on maintaining a high GPA in college. If someone asks you about gaps on your resume, sounds like you have a pretty good reason, and if you can pivot that into "But now I'm able to fully commit to my career, as evidenced by my good grades and attendance at this good law school" you should be fine.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”