Kaplan LSAT Instructor - Score-Qualifying PrepTests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
wiseowl

Silver

Re: Kaplan LSAT Instructor - Score-Qualifying PrepTests

Post by wiseowl » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Always Credited wrote:My buddy taught for Kaplan (I went for Powerscore) and was the last man standing out of his 8-person training course. Anecdotal at best, but apparently they cut without mercy.

Sort of like the Biglaw model - bring in a larger than needed class, weed 'em out, the best (or good enough) remain.
This is true, and this is what helps somewhat to protect against "gaming". Only 15-25% of those who score qualify will ever actually work for Kaplan. You're also observed and reviewed frequently enough that you would truly never be in front of a class for more than a few hours if you were an imposter.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:42 am

nStiver wrote:The thing that struck me most was that Kaplan's instructors did not actually have to take the real LSAT. Does anyone know whether the other prep companies have a similar system? Do TM/PS/BP require a real LSAT score or do they do the same thing as Kaplan.
All the other prep companies (Princeton Review included) require a real LSAT score.

We actually called LSAC about taking the test for work, and they said it was okay.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:22 am

tomwatts wrote:We actually called LSAC about taking the test for work, and they said it was okay.
But the pledge!!! Is nothing sacred anymore?!?

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:05 pm

suspicious android wrote:
tomwatts wrote:We actually called LSAC about taking the test for work, and they said it was okay.
But the pledge!!! Is nothing sacred anymore?!?
LOL thats funny man.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”