Voyager's RC Strategy Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Instinctive

Bronze

Re: Voyager's RC Strategy

Post by Instinctive » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 am

:dot:

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:57 am

just attempted this strat on RC of one of the superprep tests. worked fairly well under timed conditions, the section was old so no comparitive reading. i only had 5 mins left for the last passage, had to speed read and answer the questions. i need to refine the strat and will update everyone on my progress.

Am currently studying for retake

b33eazy

Bronze

Post by b33eazy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Any tips on how to move faster? I have been trying this method and it takes me 8 minutes to read through the passage with markings.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:45 am

b33eazy wrote:Any tips on how to move faster? I have been trying this method and it takes me 8 minutes to read through the passage with markings.
I know myself and a lot of other high scorers don't mark at all. The problem with marking is often two fold: you either mark too much, or you mark the wrong things. If you can do it efficiently and it helps you, then great. The goal is to read quickly but completely, read for structure and don't try to retain every single piece of information in the passage. You're allowed to refer back to the passage when you need it.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:37 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
b33eazy wrote:Any tips on how to move faster? I have been trying this method and it takes me 8 minutes to read through the passage with markings.
I know myself and a lot of other high scorers don't mark at all. The problem with marking is often two fold: you either mark too much, or you mark the wrong things. If you can do it efficiently and it helps you, then great. The goal is to read quickly but completely, read for structure and don't try to retain every single piece of information in the passage. You're allowed to refer back to the passage when you need it.

so you dont mark one bit at all? not even underline the topic or author opinion? this would be tough for me to master as i always underline in everything i read ( school exams,assigned reading, etc)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Zensack

Bronze

Post by Zensack » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:02 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:

so you dont mark one bit at all? not even underline the topic or author opinion? this would be tough for me to master as i always underline in everything i read ( school exams,assigned reading, etc)
You could scale it back rather than throw it out entirely, but I feel you're better off doing little to no marking. If you're going to mark I would at least do it after finishing the paragraph so that your flow is interrupted less frequently and abruptly.

TX_UH

Bronze

Post by TX_UH » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm

bump

Voyager

Silver

Post by Voyager » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Well, after 9 years we should have enough data to know if this approach works...

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:54 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ood

New

Post by ood » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:00 pm

littlewing67 wrote:Just discovered this thread! I've actually been doing worst in RC even though I've been improving like crazy in LG and LR. RC is what is bringing me down to a 168 when I can be at 170+ :( :oops: I'm going to be trying to method and I'll come back with my results!
How did it go?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”