testmasters: online or classroom?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
undecided2004

New

testmasters: online or classroom??

Post by undecided2004 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Hello everyone,
Well I was looking around for a good LSAT prep course and was told Testmasters is wayyyyyy better than Kaplan and The Princeton Review. But I am wondering which is better, the online course or classroom? The classroom is going to be a tight fit in to my already busy summer schedule. But then again I am worried I wont get the same grasp, I guess you can say, of the material if I take the online. If you have taken either one, could you let me know what you think. Or even if you took the online for any other LSAT prep course, please let me know. thanks in advance everyone!!! :D

IzziesGal

Silver

Re: testmasters: online or classroom??

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 pm

I think it depends on you - how much time can you put into prep on your own, how dedicated are you, do you need the extra motivation, have you practiced already on your own and found the material to be difficult, etc. I took Kaplan and did not have any success, and then switched to Testmasters and my score went up 20 points. I found that the in person classes worked best for me. The teachers really went into detail and gave you the support you needed to do well. It was very intense, though - lots of homework and a big commitment. I have a friend who did Testmasters without attending the class, and had good results as well. It's up to you - good luck!

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

undecided2004 wrote:Hello everyone,
Well I was looking around for a good LSAT prep course and was told Testmasters is wayyyyyy better than Kaplan and The Princeton Review. But I am wondering which is better, the online course or classroom? The classroom is going to be a tight fit in to my already busy summer schedule. But then again I am worried I wont get the same grasp, I guess you can say, of the material if I take the online. If you have taken either one, could you let me know what you think. Or even if you took the online for any other LSAT prep course, please let me know. thanks in advance everyone!!! :D
Are you looking at testmasters.com? That's not the "real" testmasters. The real TM only does live classes. Make sure you're looking at testmasters.net

UandIaresplittsville

New

Post by UandIaresplittsville » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I took the class while working full time and it was intense. Those were long days. But I loved the course and I thought it was absolutely worth it. I just told myself that I better get used to being busy if I'm going to law school/being a lawyer. Obviously it's going to be tough to find someone who has experience with the class and the online course, but that's my input. I didn't even know there was an online course.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 pm

bluejayk wrote:
Are you looking at testmasters.com? That's not the "real" testmasters. The real TM only does live classes. Make sure you're looking at testmasters.net
Good catch. I didn't even think to mention that to the OP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

undecided2004

New

Post by undecided2004 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm

bluejayk wrote:

Wow i didnt even realize that!! thanks sooo much!

undecided2004

New

Post by undecided2004 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm

IzziesGal wrote:I think it depends on you - how much time can you put into prep on your own, how dedicated are you, do you need the extra motivation, have you practiced already on your own and found the material to be difficult, etc. I took Kaplan and did not have any success, and then switched to Testmasters and my score went up 20 points. I found that the in person classes worked best for me. The teachers really went into detail and gave you the support you needed to do well. It was very intense, though - lots of homework and a big commitment. I have a friend who did Testmasters without attending the class, and had good results as well. It's up to you - good luck!

JF1

New

Post by JF1 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 pm

HELP!!!!!! Im so confused who is Testmaster.COM and ho is Testmasters.NET???????

PLEASE HELP i was considering taking the online course............

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 pm

You weren't able to read the previous messages in this thread?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JF1

New

Post by JF1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:15 pm

What is the 'REAL' testmasters????
Who is testmaster.com?
is the online course any good???

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:52 pm

JF1, it was answered already.... http://www.testmasters.net is the correct class.

I start my In-class Testmasters in 2 days!

For anyone that has taken Testmasters, how did they improve your RC section? I am in desperate need to boost that.

mickeymouse4509

New

Post by mickeymouse4509 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Testmasters is pretty great, I'd prefer the classroom to the online version any day though.

JF1

New

Post by JF1 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 pm

is testmasters.com any good??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alveron

New

Post by alveron » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:49 pm

JF1 wrote:is testmasters.com any good??
lol

undecided2004

New

Post by undecided2004 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 pm

THE BEST ACCORDING TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN KAPLAN AND PRINCETON REVIEW

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:21 pm

undecided2004 wrote:
THE BEST ACCORDING TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN KAPLAN AND PRINCETON REVIEW
LOL

lyynda

New

Post by lyynda » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:16 pm

VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DECIDE....read this!

I was one of the smucks who got taken in by testmasters.com.......the online course sucked and my score going in was the same as my score going out
AND the LSAT..

I am currently enrolled in TESTMASTERS.NET Class. it meets twice weekly and has diagnostic tests that mimic the actual LSAT conditions every other weekend...in addition to online study. Our instructor is named Ali and he is BEYOND AMAZING. He has the patience of a saint and a wonderful personality to go with it, he comes in early, stays late with us and has endless tips and hints. Is the course a bit high in price? A little. But you will not have to RE TAKE the LSAT or any other course if you do Testmasters.net. I am getting ready to sit for Dec 09 and my score has already jumped fifteen points from my first day of class. Hats of to Ali and Testmasters.net
Linda from Rhode Island

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”