Which LR was experimental?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Raz14

New

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Post by Raz14 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:58 pm

idespisethelsat wrote:I had the Socrates question and my experimental was RC.. so that section was real
Did you have multiple questions that were linked together and connected to only one stimulus?

Croissant

New

Post by Croissant » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm

CCA wrote:
moontavern22 wrote:the number of ?'s for the LR sections was 24 - 26 - 25. do you remember how many ?'s were on your test?
I think I had 25 for all of them

I also had 25 for all three. That's really strange that they would make it uneven for other testtakers.

idespisethelsat

New

Post by idespisethelsat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Raz14 wrote:
idespisethelsat wrote:I had the Socrates question and my experimental was RC.. so that section was real
Did you have multiple questions that were linked together and connected to only one stimulus?
No.

CCA

New

Post by CCA » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Raz14 wrote:
Was that the same section that had the very long easy question about not increasing demand for something? I think that was 3 and the experimental.

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:00 pm

holla lulla!

I was most confident on that one.

I hope first was exper.

25LR 27RC 25LR 25LR 23LG

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

moontavern22

New

Post by moontavern22 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 pm

idespise, do you recall having a LR section with 26 questions?

idespisethelsat

New

Post by idespisethelsat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 pm

moontavern22 wrote:idespise, do you recall having a LR section with 26 questions?
Yup, I did

Raz14

New

Post by Raz14 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Yes. Which was section 3 for me. Section 1, with brains/computers and blood pressure, and 25 questions, was the real deal. Easier section 3 was not unfortunately.

lsatcracker

New

Post by lsatcracker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:02 pm

the 4th - socrates section, if convention holds is definately not experimental. and i had 1st - wth 25 question and 3rd wth 26 questions. so the question is whether the 1st wth 25 was experimental or the 3rd wth 26 questions was. i am hoping the 3rd with 26 questions is exp...
Last edited by lsatcracker on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Raz14 wrote:
I dont think I had a single one of these dual questions and I had 3 LR sections.

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm

lsatcracker wrote:the 3rd - socrates section, if convention holds is definately not experimental. and i had 1st - wth 25 question and 3rd wth 26 questions. so the question is whether the 1st wth 25 was experimental or the 3rd wth 26 questions was. i am hoping the 3rd with 26 questions is exp...

I didnt have any LR section with 26 questions, so that was your exper.

jennifer1

New

Post by jennifer1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm

I don't remember which section Socrates was for me. Is it the one with the Newton/gravitational force question? Please tell me that was the real deal...

Aimbo

New

Post by Aimbo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:08 pm

the blood pressure/anger/heart disease one was real unfortunately.

The section you guys had with multiple questions on a single stimulus must have been the experimental as this was not on my exam! Every question for the two sections that count in this exam had only one question per stimulus!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey1

New

Post by Mikey1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Croissant wrote:
Mike295855 wrote:All of us have said that we had LR for 1, 3, and 4. Could it be, though, that the LSAC would switch around for some test-takes which LR is experimental or is it uniform across? In other words, some may have had LR1 be exp while others had LR3 be the experimental.

Definitely. The guy next to me started with a different section than I did, with LG, but I had LR for 1, 2, and 3, then LG, then RC.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ObLaDiObLaDa

New

Post by ObLaDiObLaDa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:13 pm

My roommate and I are trying to figure this out.

The heart/blood pressure/psychological one was real. The brain/computer was real.

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:18 pm

I also had: 1. LR 2.RC 3.LR 4.LR 5.LG

Obviously, one of the first 2 LR's are experimental. The 2nd LR section (Section 3/5) was MUCH easier and "normal" than the first section. The Socrates section was the 4th/6 section and the first section was fairly odd. Some difficult questions were up at the begining (unusual) and one or a few parralel questions were up front too (I think). I hope the 1st section was experimental because it was a lot more time consuming. It was unusual so I hope that confirms it. As for the different forms, yes there are different forms but if someone has the 3 LR sections in the order that I stated above, then there is the sections are in the same order. I am also pretty sure that there are a few "odd ball" ordered tests but it seems like all of us have the standard forms. And none of my sections had the multiple questions per stimulus thing going on.

Which section was the heart/anger one?

(Please let the first section be experimental!!!)

Also, what do you guys think the grading scale will be? -10=170?

CCA

New

Post by CCA » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:20 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:I also had: 1. LR 2.RC 3.LR 4.LR 5.LG

Obviously, one of the first 2 LR's are experimental. The 2nd LR section (Section 3/5) was MUCH easier and "normal" than the first section. The Socrates section was the 4th/6 section and the first section was fairly odd. Some difficult questions were up at the begining (unusual) and one or a few parralel questions were up front too (I think). I hope the 1st section was experimental because it was a lot more time consuming. It was unusual so I hope that confirms it. As for the different forms, yes there are different forms but if someone has the 3 LR sections in the order that I stated above, then there is the sections are in the same order. I am also pretty sure that there are a few "odd ball" ordered tests but it seems like all of us have the standard forms.

The first was not the experimenetal. I was also hoping for that but the third was just too easy

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hous

Bronze

Post by hous » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm

CCA wrote:
rainmaker614 wrote:I also had: 1. LR 2.RC 3.LR 4.LR 5.LG

Obviously, one of the first 2 LR's are experimental. The 2nd LR section (Section 3/5) was MUCH easier and "normal" than the first section. The Socrates section was the 4th/6 section and the first section was fairly odd. Some difficult questions were up at the begining (unusual) and one or a few parralel questions were up front too (I think). I hope the 1st section was experimental because it was a lot more time consuming. It was unusual so I hope that confirms it. As for the different forms, yes there are different forms but if someone has the 3 LR sections in the order that I stated above, then there is the sections are in the same order. I am also pretty sure that there are a few "odd ball" ordered tests but it seems like all of us have the standard forms.

The first was not the experimenetal. I was also hoping for that but the third was just too easy
Which were on the third, I dont remember. I remember it being easy though.

pamplona

New

Post by pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:27 pm

I had blood pressure and brain computer, but no Newton/gravitational force.
1: LR 2: LR 3:RC 4:LR 5:LG (I think)

Was this a hard test? My brain is so dead I kinda can't even tell.

MMaldonado

New

Post by MMaldonado » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Croissant wrote:Definitely. The guy next to me started with a different section than I did, with LG, but I had LR for 1, 2, and 3, then LG, then RC.

I will have a joy-gasm if I have 3 LR sections when I take the test in December. It IS brutal opening the test with all 3 LR sections though. I bet you felt like you were floating around in Purgatory at that point, didn't you? :lol:

moontavern22

New

Post by moontavern22 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:30 pm

nothing about Newton on mine...there seems to be consensus about a LR section with 26 questions, and for me that would be the 3rd section was the real one....I had LR RC LR LR LG...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

idespisethelsat

New

Post by idespisethelsat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Nothing about Newton for me as well. Again, RC was my experimental.

One of my LR's also had a formal logic question about poetry and originality or something that was the last question of a section (no.26 I believe)

gk101

Gold

Post by gk101 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:34 pm

I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG ( my second worst nightmare come true) The second LR had 26 questions, please tell me that was the experimental.. I was not confident on that section

gemadness

New

Post by gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:37 pm

I had LR in 1 3 and 4 also

I really thought 3 was experimental because the questions were really long and some were tough

lsatcracker

New

Post by lsatcracker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:38 pm

so if the 3rd section (2nd lr) is expr. then the 2 real lr sections had 25 questions each and 27rc and 23lg... so this was a 100 question test. do we agree?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”