Which LR was experimental?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ralsh

New

Re: Which LR was experimental??

Post by ralsh » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:33 pm

I'm pretty confident the presoaked beans section was real. It was my section 1. Section 3 was my second LR section, and I'm almost positive it was experimental, for a reason I posted on another thread but will repost here. . . .

I talked with two friends who also took the test today, and neither of them had the following LR question, leading me to believe it was in the experimental section: It was about seals who had been hurt or poisoned in some way by oil. It had a lot of numbers and percentages in it. And the question prompt was one like: "Which one of the following questions, if answered, would do most to evaluate the argument's conclusion?"

johnnyg7

New

Post by johnnyg7 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:34 pm

ralsh wrote:I'm pretty confident the presoaked beans section was real. It was my section 1. Section 3 was my second LR section, and I'm almost positive it was experimental, for a reason I posted on another thread but will repost here. . . .

I talked with two friends who also took the test today, and neither of them had the following LR question, leading me to believe it was in the experimental section: It was about seals who had been hurt or poisoned in some way by oil. It had a lot of numbers and percentages in it. And the question prompt was one like: "Which one of the following questions, if answered, would do most to evaluate the argument's conclusion?"
Presoaked beans was real!

gemadness

New

Post by gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:39 pm

hous wrote:
pretentious ug wrote:
JackP wrote:Does anyone remember the Socrates question? Was that a parallel reasoning? I don't really recall the question...
Not parallel. Crude paraphrase: Aristophanes wrote a play called Clouds where Socrates is portrayed as an atheist. Play was written when Socrates was 40. Everything else written about Socrates was written after he was 70 and portrayed him as a theist.

Resolve the paradox.

CR = he was an atheist at 40, found God before he turned 70
I think this was section 3, question 1.
I swear that this was section 1, question 1 for me

I had LR RC LR LR LG

gemadness

New

Post by gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:40 pm

And I am absolutely sure that the presoaked beans one was the 2nd or 3rd question for me in section 1...

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:44 pm

GE: how sure are you? Because if those 2 questions are in the same section that would mean a lot. I had Socrates in either the 3rd or 4th sections for sure and had the presoaked in either 1 or 3. So if your saying they were FOR SURE in the same section then my section 3 was real and 1 was experimental, in which case your section 1 was real and your section 3 would be experimental. There would clearly be 2 different experimental LR orders with the results previously mentioned.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JustWannaGetIn

New

Post by JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 pm

gemadness wrote:And I am absolutely sure that the presoaked beans one was the 2nd or 3rd question for me in section 1...
Yes me too 2nd or 3rd in Section 1....was this section experimental? i had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG

novaman3

New

Post by novaman3 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Presoaked beans is real. I only had 2 LR sections and that question was there.

Flash31

New

Post by Flash31 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:48 pm

Presoaked bean was in the first section for me

I had 3 LR and 3rd LR section had 26 questions. Rest were 25

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:49 pm

But was the presoaked beans with Socrates????

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JustWannaGetIn

New

Post by JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:49 pm

no it wasn't, socrates i remember was in section 4 for me

ibballin

New

Post by ibballin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:51 pm

This may show my ignorance, but is it possible that there were 2 different experimental sections? Not on the same test of course, but administered on different tests? I had LR on 1, 3, and 4; the beans on 1 and Socrates on 4. I also "felt" (for whatever that's worth) like 1 was more odd than usual as I have been taking LSAT preps everyday for the past 3 weeks. Am I delusional? I am certainly hoping that LR 1 (the beans) was not real.

rainmaker614

Bronze

Post by rainmaker614 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm

ballin: Im right there with you except that I can't figure out whether I had beans on 1 or 3 and Socrates on 3 or 4. I think the beans were number 1 and Socrates was 4 for me and I hope to God that whatever 1 was, it was experimental. But if you know for sure that you had beans in 1 then sorry, the beans one is real for sure (other people confirmed they had this question without a LR experimental).

lsat 2008

New

Post by lsat 2008 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:55 pm

does anyone remember the last 3 answers of the last LR? I guessed so I want to see if I got any correct

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ralsh

New

Post by ralsh » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Confirmed: Socrates section was real. Presoaked beans section was real.

JustWannaGetIn

New

Post by JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:00 pm

lsat 2008 wrote:does anyone remember the last 3 answers of the last LR? I guessed so I want to see if I got any correct
Whoever can answer this...should not be in law school...use that photographic memory for something else...join the circus or something

lr75

New

Post by lr75 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:01 pm

Were the two protein carb questions on actual sections? Or was one experimental?

gsouljah85

New

Post by gsouljah85 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Does anyone remember having the presoaked beans for Section III? I cannot remember a damn thing anymoree

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JustWannaGetIn

New

Post by JustWannaGetIn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:20 pm

gsouljah85 wrote:Does anyone remember having the presoaked beans for Section III? I cannot remember a damn thing anymoree
it was section one for me...

gemadness

New

Post by gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:29 pm

rainmaker614 wrote:GE: how sure are you? Because if those 2 questions are in the same section that would mean a lot. I had Socrates in either the 3rd or 4th sections for sure and had the presoaked in either 1 or 3. So if your saying they were FOR SURE in the same section then my section 3 was real and 1 was experimental, in which case your section 1 was real and your section 3 would be experimental. There would clearly be 2 different experimental LR orders with the results previously mentioned.

I remember because I inadvertently saw it when I was taking my answer sheet out at the start of the book, I am 1000% sure that question was in my section 1.

pamplona

New

Post by pamplona » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:32 pm

JustWannaGetIn wrote:
pamplona wrote:
JustWannaGetIn wrote:i didn't keep track of the # of questions...wish I did...I just got so caught up with that first LR that I forgot to keep track. My friend just told me that LR 3 (the one without the presoking beans) had 26 questions...which according to her means LR 3 was real...:-(
Phew. If 1 was real I'd just keel over right now. Wasn't 1 so weird? Maybe it was just my nerves...

Wait does that mean you want LR 1 (the one with the beans) to be real or the experimental. I really lost it in that section....may have to cancel
I want 1 to be the experimental. I forget where the beans were but I know 1 was just horrible for me. I totally lost in in 1 too, don't worry.

gemadness

New

Post by gemadness » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:38 pm

I apologize for my earlier post about Socrates being in section 1, I seem to be mixing up sections 3 and 4 (it was probably in 4 because I remember thinking that section was real - and I thought 3 was experimental from the start), in fact, I don't think I can remember anything from 3, but I am, again, absolutely sure that the pre-soaked beans question was in my section 1

again, I had

LR RC LR LR LG

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

irishSox77

New

Post by irishSox77 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:40 pm

///
Last edited by irishSox77 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ambiguous applicant

New

Post by ambiguous applicant » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:46 pm

My first section had question 9 about teachers being evaluated and told that teaching is only one factor in education; it was parallel the reasoning. was this real?

Also, what was the answer for the stone dwelling question?

Gatorade

New

Post by Gatorade » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:46 pm

anyone remember the question about advertising to the 25 yr old and under? while 25-55 spent the most money? and which of the following explains the discrepency? was that section 1 or section 3? was it real or experimental?

Gatorade

New

Post by Gatorade » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:47 pm

ambiguous applicant wrote:My first section had question 9 about teachers being evaluated and told that teaching is only one factor in education; it was parallel the reasoning. was this real?

Also, what was the answer for the stone dwelling question?

what was the answer to the teacher evaluation question? athelete asked to change, but becasue the whole team is asked to change?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”