Great Advice on How to get 160+ on the LSAT... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lmao Zedong

Bronze

Re: Great Advice on How to get 160+ on the LSAT...

Post by Lmao Zedong » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:11 pm

best of luck!
Last edited by Lmao Zedong on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paratrooper06

New

Post by paratrooper06 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:26 am

reza9333 wrote:You've probably heard this before, but the best way to improve your score is to take official LSAT preptests. I combined this with a very effective strategy I devised which I explain in detail below, and improved my score 16 points from my original diagnositc in about 3 months. I know its a lot to read, but I did the dirty work coming up with the strategy ( with tips from an LSAT tutor who scored 180 4 times in a row), AND IT WORKS. If your interested in improving your score, READ THIS!

First, i got my hands on every official LSAT preptest available, I believe there are about 45 in all (certain ones are not available, such as # 1-6) My 3 month program involved the following 3 steps:
1) 1 month general prep and understanding of question types and structures
2) 1 1/2 months of hardcore testing
3) 2 weeks of final review and nailing my weakness's

1) In my general prep I did the following:
a)I used a princeton review book that had a chapter on every question type for every section. By seeing dozens of questions of the same type all at once you begin to recognize all the different stem types of that question type and can spot the question type on first glance, THIS IS ESSENTIAL.
b) I made flash cards for every question type for all 3 sections. on the front would be the question and on the back would be how to answer that question by listing what choices to eliminate, and what clues to look for in picking the right answer. For instance, for LR - FLAW, the back of the notecard would say "-eliminate choices that dont correctly state what the argument does", "-eliminate choices that state something the argument does that isnt wrong", and so on. For every question I answered during my 1 month review, i forced myself to first recite out of memory every note on the back of the card until I was able to do it as a reflex, not even a 1 second pause. So just by glancing at the question stem, you will know what to do, and what to eliminate. After completing dozens of questions with this method, you will pick up a great deal of patterns and similar setups the LSAT uses to trick you.

2) In my hardcore testing I did the following:
a) First, I got this advice from an LSAT tutor who has scored 180 4 times in a row, she is brilliant, and her strategy is incredible. DONT TAKE PRACTICE TESTS WITH ONLY 4 SECTIONS. Better yet, she recommended, take practice tests with more sections than the acutal LSAT, take them with 6 sections!!!!!!! If you practice with 5 sections, you get semi fatigued around the 5th section. If you practice with 6, you will train your brain for a hard six and you'll get fatigued around the 6th section, so you will NOT BE FATIGUED DURING THE 5 SCORED SECTIONS OF THE TEST!!! This is the absolute best tip anyone had given me for LSAT prep, IT WORKS, DO IT!!
b) So incase no one else has told you, the older tests are very different from the new ones. With this in mind, what I did is take my tests with using the newer tests, but used the older tests (starting with the oldest #7) as my unscored experimental sections. This way, every question your answering is a real lsat question, DONT USE ANYTHING BUT OFFICIAL LSATS, the "similar" or "like official" tests, dont require you to use the exact same train of thought and deduction process. Let me also state that I got a few "free b's" on my actual LSAT by taking every official preptest because some questions are essentially repeated with a minor tweek or two.
c) After I took my 9 am test, I took a 1 hour break, and then spent the rest of that day reviewing the test w no breaks. NOT JUST THE WRONG ANSWERS. I reviewed every answer, double checking to make sure i didnt just guess it right, and making sure I answered it correct for the right reason. I will honestly admit that some questions took me up to an hour to fully understand, but i rarely ever got a question like that wrong again, because i broke it down to a full understanding.

3) My final review and nailing my weakness's:
a) this may sound psychotic to some of you, but I created a spreadsheet of every test I took. I followed the trend of how many questions i got wrong on each section type, and tracked my improvement. I tracked my average score for tests of a given week, and set target #'s for the following week. If I didn't hit that number, I spend a full day (8-12 hours) tweaking my strategy for that section type before testing again the next day.
b) I hit a brick wall after my first 10 point average increase, and overcame it by doing the following; I went back through all the exams I had already taken, and created a second spreadsheet listing how many of each question type I got wrong per section type. For instance, I found that almost 1/4 of all my wrong Q's in LR were "Weaken" questions, and over 1/3 of my Q's in RC were "Inference" questions. I Targeted my study to all my weakness's and jumped another 3-4 points just over a week.
c) Using the My princeton review book with questions broken up by section type and question type, i redid those Q's timing each section, and calculated an estimate of how long it takes me to work certain questions. For example, LR "Parallel Flaw" questions take me just about 2 minutes to answer, and LR "Necessary-Sufficienet Inference" questions take me over 2 minutes on average. Through this analysis, I was able to determine which questions I should leave for last in a section, because I could answer 3-4 "strengthen" questions in the time it would take me to answer 2 "parallel flaw" questions. This improved my pacing strategy and jumped me another 2 points or so in under a week. KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS'S, and either break through them, or learn to work around them.

:D FINAL NOTE ON MY OCTOBER 2008 TEST :D

First, you should know that my original diagnostic was in the 140's, but I bumped it to the 160's with this strategy. This strategy takes time and isn't for everyone. I quit my job, cancelled my cell phone and hit the books, this strategy is time consuming and requires discipline. I put in 8-10 hours a day 6 days a week, with only one full week off in between. I also used the LSAT proctor DVD, which i am soon to re-sell on ebay. BUY IT, IT WORKS.
I got to the test center late and needed to pee but had to hold it in, from the start my head was rushing, during RC I had a complete blackout and couldnt even remember what the passages were about after the test, I felt as though i was guessing on my first LR, pretty much i was a heartbeat away from cancelling. Based on the massive # of tests I had done, i was able to rush home, review my spreadsheets, calculate my approximate score based on the number of questions I had guessed and how I believed I had performed in comparison to previous tests where I felt similarly. In receiving my score a few days ago, I didn't hit the 165sh I had been scoring on practice tests, however, my massive test taking and review had allowed me to react "instinctively" throughout the whole test and landed me in the 160's w/o me even realizing it. I answered the fist 21 questions correct, and i felt like i was guessing; NO, i was naturally reacting in response to the 500+ hours and 2000+ LSAT questions I had krushed the 3 months before.

:!: WHAT YOU PUT IN IS WHAT YOU'LL GET BACK IN RETURN :!:

Study hard people, I truly hope this strategy will help someone improve their score, For those of you taking Dec. or Feb., its not too late to step your game up!!!

This is the best advice I've ever heard on LSAT prep

KIM_SAYS:

New

Post by KIM_SAYS: » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:31 am

basicgrey7 wrote:For those of you who took your test at the school that you went to undergrad at, how much did that help? I am pretty excited to be able to take it at my undergrad school and it kind of makes me feel better.
I had to take mine at a different school about 20 min away and I'm glad that I did. Someone I know took it at our school, and he had to take it in a 500+ lecture hall with those tiny, individual folding desks and connected chairs. The school I took it at had those long, row desks so there was a space in between everyone. Nice, cushy (detached) chairs too. I was nervous about getting lost, but that's why I left my place like two hours early. I ended up waiting like an hour and a half before the test even started. :roll:

Neverknowsbest

New

Post by Neverknowsbest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:11 am

1) 167

2) What books did you use?
Powerscore LGB, 20 Real LSATs, Princeton Review Book (somewhat helpful, others were better)

3) What prep courses did you take (if any)?
Full length from Get Prepped, it was a decent class, and a little cheaper than the others, it only had a few people in it which was good. I was a little annoyed that my instructor was not really good with the Games I should have listened to Ken and learned about the instructor I would have.

4) How long did you study for, and under what conditions?
mostly during school, 3 months or so

5) How many preptests did you do?
10-15

6) What would you change if you were to do it again?
I would have really taken a summer out to study full-time. You should really get rid of distractions and treat it like a job, your test score could be worth $100,000+ (plus interest) in scholarship money, so taking time out and treating it like a job is defiantly worth it if you can, bum off your parents, save money. I should have taken more tests and been better about going over every question I got wrong. I saw someone say they cut them out and it seems like a really good idea. I was kind of lazy about studying, I should have been a typical, overly obsessive TLSer and studied till I hated myself.

7) Any other misc comments/suggestions. Nah

kalede

Bronze

Post by kalede » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:04 am

1) What score did you get?

2) What books did you use? (Kaplan, Powerscore LRB, Powerscore LGB, etc)
Kaplan course materials.

3) What prep courses did you take (if any)? Full length, weekend?
I did a full-length Kaplan course.

4) How long did you study for, and under what conditions? (during school, during the summer, etc)
I very rarely studied outside of class; I studied the week before and did some LR problems and games out of the mastery book.

I am doing it again, and I'm actually, you know, studying. I have the LG Bible and the LR Bible, plus lots of prep tests. I'm shooting for mid-170s, which I think is a pretty reasonable goal if I put the effort in.

7) Any other misc comments/suggestions.
You probably shouldn't do what I did before the first test. I did well, but I wasn't prepared enough at all for the logic games, and I could've done better on LR with more practice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 pm

Last edited by Lyov Myshkin on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b32

New

Post by b32 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 pm

paratrooper06 wrote:
reza9333 wrote:You've probably heard this before, but the best way to improve your score is to take official LSAT preptests. I combined this with a very effective strategy I devised which I explain in detail below, and improved my score 16 points from my original diagnositc in about 3 months. I know its a lot to read, but I did the dirty work coming up with the strategy ( with tips from an LSAT tutor who scored 180 4 times in a row), AND IT WORKS. If your interested in improving your score, READ THIS!

First, i got my hands on every official LSAT preptest available, I believe there are about 45 in all (certain ones are not available, such as # 1-6) My 3 month program involved the following 3 steps:
1) 1 month general prep and understanding of question types and structures
2) 1 1/2 months of hardcore testing
3) 2 weeks of final review and nailing my weakness's

1) In my general prep I did the following:
a)I used a princeton review book that had a chapter on every question type for every section. By seeing dozens of questions of the same type all at once you begin to recognize all the different stem types of that question type and can spot the question type on first glance, THIS IS ESSENTIAL.
b) I made flash cards for every question type for all 3 sections. on the front would be the question and on the back would be how to answer that question by listing what choices to eliminate, and what clues to look for in picking the right answer. For instance, for LR - FLAW, the back of the notecard would say "-eliminate choices that dont correctly state what the argument does", "-eliminate choices that state something the argument does that isnt wrong", and so on. For every question I answered during my 1 month review, i forced myself to first recite out of memory every note on the back of the card until I was able to do it as a reflex, not even a 1 second pause. So just by glancing at the question stem, you will know what to do, and what to eliminate. After completing dozens of questions with this method, you will pick up a great deal of patterns and similar setups the LSAT uses to trick you.

2) In my hardcore testing I did the following:
a) First, I got this advice from an LSAT tutor who has scored 180 4 times in a row, she is brilliant, and her strategy is incredible. DONT TAKE PRACTICE TESTS WITH ONLY 4 SECTIONS. Better yet, she recommended, take practice tests with more sections than the acutal LSAT, take them with 6 sections!!!!!!! If you practice with 5 sections, you get semi fatigued around the 5th section. If you practice with 6, you will train your brain for a hard six and you'll get fatigued around the 6th section, so you will NOT BE FATIGUED DURING THE 5 SCORED SECTIONS OF THE TEST!!! This is the absolute best tip anyone had given me for LSAT prep, IT WORKS, DO IT!!
b) So incase no one else has told you, the older tests are very different from the new ones. With this in mind, what I did is take my tests with using the newer tests, but used the older tests (starting with the oldest #7) as my unscored experimental sections. This way, every question your answering is a real lsat question, DONT USE ANYTHING BUT OFFICIAL LSATS, the "similar" or "like official" tests, dont require you to use the exact same train of thought and deduction process. Let me also state that I got a few "free b's" on my actual LSAT by taking every official preptest because some questions are essentially repeated with a minor tweek or two.
c) After I took my 9 am test, I took a 1 hour break, and then spent the rest of that day reviewing the test w no breaks. NOT JUST THE WRONG ANSWERS. I reviewed every answer, double checking to make sure i didnt just guess it right, and making sure I answered it correct for the right reason. I will honestly admit that some questions took me up to an hour to fully understand, but i rarely ever got a question like that wrong again, because i broke it down to a full understanding.

3) My final review and nailing my weakness's:
a) this may sound psychotic to some of you, but I created a spreadsheet of every test I took. I followed the trend of how many questions i got wrong on each section type, and tracked my improvement. I tracked my average score for tests of a given week, and set target #'s for the following week. If I didn't hit that number, I spend a full day (8-12 hours) tweaking my strategy for that section type before testing again the next day.
b) I hit a brick wall after my first 10 point average increase, and overcame it by doing the following; I went back through all the exams I had already taken, and created a second spreadsheet listing how many of each question type I got wrong per section type. For instance, I found that almost 1/4 of all my wrong Q's in LR were "Weaken" questions, and over 1/3 of my Q's in RC were "Inference" questions. I Targeted my study to all my weakness's and jumped another 3-4 points just over a week.
c) Using the My princeton review book with questions broken up by section type and question type, i redid those Q's timing each section, and calculated an estimate of how long it takes me to work certain questions. For example, LR "Parallel Flaw" questions take me just about 2 minutes to answer, and LR "Necessary-Sufficienet Inference" questions take me over 2 minutes on average. Through this analysis, I was able to determine which questions I should leave for last in a section, because I could answer 3-4 "strengthen" questions in the time it would take me to answer 2 "parallel flaw" questions. This improved my pacing strategy and jumped me another 2 points or so in under a week. KNOW YOUR WEAKNESS'S, and either break through them, or learn to work around them.

:D FINAL NOTE ON MY OCTOBER 2008 TEST :D

First, you should know that my original diagnostic was in the 140's, but I bumped it to the 160's with this strategy. This strategy takes time and isn't for everyone. I quit my job, cancelled my cell phone and hit the books, this strategy is time consuming and requires discipline. I put in 8-10 hours a day 6 days a week, with only one full week off in between. I also used the LSAT proctor DVD, which i am soon to re-sell on ebay. BUY IT, IT WORKS.
I got to the test center late and needed to pee but had to hold it in, from the start my head was rushing, during RC I had a complete blackout and couldnt even remember what the passages were about after the test, I felt as though i was guessing on my first LR, pretty much i was a heartbeat away from cancelling. Based on the massive # of tests I had done, i was able to rush home, review my spreadsheets, calculate my approximate score based on the number of questions I had guessed and how I believed I had performed in comparison to previous tests where I felt similarly. In receiving my score a few days ago, I didn't hit the 165sh I had been scoring on practice tests, however, my massive test taking and review had allowed me to react "instinctively" throughout the whole test and landed me in the 160's w/o me even realizing it. I answered the fist 21 questions correct, and i felt like i was guessing; NO, i was naturally reacting in response to the 500+ hours and 2000+ LSAT questions I had krushed the 3 months before.

:!: WHAT YOU PUT IN IS WHAT YOU'LL GET BACK IN RETURN :!:

Study hard people, I truly hope this strategy will help someone improve their score, For those of you taking Dec. or Feb., its not too late to step your game up!!!

This is the best advice I've ever heard on LSAT prep

I couldnt agree with you any more..this will be my new study plan as I prepare for the December test.. his post actually motivated me even more to get into law school!!

bingolittle

New

Post by bingolittle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:27 pm

My bro, who is in at UChi, suggested using a theme song. Mine is "The One and Only" by Chesney Hawkes, a great song. You are welcome to use it as well. Also, we talk like people in LR questions. When he makes a statement, I respond by saying "Rubbish!" or "Your reasoning is transparently flawed, sir," and then I make a counter-argument with an unreasonable inference, which he counters, et. al. Moreover, remember to take a day off once and a while, and replace alcohol consumption with fun outdoor activities! My bro indicated that this led to marked improvements! Think about it.

palarmon

New

Post by palarmon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Hello all! I had only one quick question regarding prep for the LSAT, I have decided to take a course and to read and engage myself with the Powerscore bibles (LRB and LGB) as well as do 30 actual official LSATs. I will also take a prep course (does anyone know anything about ScorePerfect?). I will take the LSAT next June.

My dilemma is as follows, should I take the prep course before beginning the Powerscore series and prep tests or do the powerscore and prep tests before I take a prep course (I would take the prep course leading up to the June lsat if I waited and the course this semester if I feel that would be smarter).

Thank you and I hope someone can help me!
All the best,
Anthony

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

smartin

Bronze

Post by smartin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm

I took the June 2006 test with little prep. At the time my reasoning was that I'm a fantastic standardized test taker so acing the LSAT would be a snap. Needless to say, I was wrong. I got a 150 (44th percentile) and decide not to apply to law school right out of undergrad.

I've been out of school over two years now and I'm taking the December test. I sat down crunched some numbers and discovered that it was not financially possible for me to take a prep course. I'm a dedicated student so I have an intense self-prep schedule worked out.

I work full time, so, luckily, LSAT prep doesn't have to compete with homework.

Last night I took my first diagnostic. I got a 154. Not as high as I hoped on a cold start, but manageable.

I'm shooting for 160 by this time in October and 163 by this time November. I really want to hit a 165, but even a 163 will open a lot of doors.

I've found a lot of great advice and study tips on this forum. I'll let you all know how I do in December. In the meantime, I'd welcome any additional advice.

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:19 pm

To Smartin...

I'm also taking the Dec 09 LSAT. I have been studying the LGB and LRB (with more emphasis on the LGB) for about a week. I still haven't taken a full diagnostics test but I plan doing it this week.

I'm still searching for a daily schedule to follow. Can I ask what is your daily schedule and what books are you using? With work I have roughly two hours of study time set aside each day, which doesn't seem like much.

palarmon

New

Post by palarmon » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:51 pm

please help with my previous post if you can!

smartin

Bronze

Post by smartin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 am

nodummy wrote: I'm still searching for a daily schedule to follow. Can I ask what is your daily schedule and what books are you using? With work I have roughly two hours of study time set aside each day, which doesn't seem like much.
I'm modifying this schedule to fit when my books arrive. I bought the Bibles, but they're on back order from Borders (I had a gift certificate and have to wait for pay day to purchase anywhere else). As soon as the 15th hits and I have money once again I'll buy as many of the real tests as I can afford.

Right now I've been going through unanswered questions hand-me-down books I got from friends.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:40 pm

huge favor to ask here...does anyone have page 88 of the lgb? i bought the book used and its missing the last page of chapter 3 (before the practice exams). if anyone could send me a pdf copy of that page id appreciate it. thanks

palarmon

New

Post by palarmon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 pm

Paypal me 10$ and it's yours lol

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Come on, I'm stuck on a work assignment in the middle of nowhere (nearest bookstore: 45 miles) with my bible, however I'm missing the most vital piece of chapter three. Does anyone have a pdf copy of the last page of chapter 3 (before the practice games) that they'd be willing to send?

forza

Gold

Post by forza » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:52 pm

nodummy wrote:huge favor to ask here...does anyone have page 88 of the lgb? i bought the book used and its missing the last page of chapter 3 (before the practice exams). if anyone could send me a pdf copy of that page id appreciate it. thanks
What a bullshitter. You downloaded the LGB from torrents, didn't you?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:44 am

May as well toss in my data point. It's a weird one.

My case is somewhat exceptional. I prepared for the LSAT in summer '06 and moved my score from an initial 154 to consistently in the high 170's. That was my first round of studying. Then I started teaching for Princeton Review in the old course format; when we re-did the course in late 2007, I had to sit for an official test, and that's where my 176 came from. But I figure that it was my initial studying that moved my score, really, since I was getting the same score on diagnostics before I started teaching.
176 on December '07, PT53 (woo suspects game!).
2) What books did you use? (Kaplan, Powerscore LRB, Powerscore LGB, etc)
Princeton Review Cracking the LSAT and the most recent book of 10 LSATs from LSAC initially and Princeton Review course books (old format) later.
3) What prep courses did you take (if any)? Full length, weekend?
None, exactly — though I did TEACH the old format TPR course later.
4) How long did you study for, and under what conditions? (during school, during the summer, etc)
It was six weeks, six or seven days per week, roughly two hours per day, though sometimes more. It was during the summer, when I had almost nothing else going on.
10+ initially; after teaching, I'd done 30+.
Not much. I didn't work much on my timing right before the test, so I probably could've gotten a 180 with a bit more practice — prepping for teaching and prepping for taking the test are a bit different — but it was fine. Can't complain. :P
I studied on my own, and it was miserable (though effective). If you've got the money for it, take a class, dude! Not one of those lame weekend or abbreviated (40 or fewer hours) ones, but a 80+ hour one. Obviously, I like The Princeton Review, since I work for them, and I'd recommend the Hyperlearning (84-hour) course for comprehensive coverage, but do what you will.

EDIT: So after a few more years of teaching, I was given the opportunity to take the LSAT again in Feb. '10 and got a 180. This was near my original PT scores, and I figure it's probably about how I would've done back in '06, when I started (and is comparable to my 176 in December '07). Still, I didn't take the test back in '06, so we'll never know.
Last edited by tomwatts on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elena

New

Post by Elena » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi,

First of all want to say that this forum helped me so much, because here I found lots of information about LSAT preparation ways......I am not a native Eglish language speakes and speak this language just 1 year aproximately, so when for the first time I did LSAT the score was 137 ( I can't say I am stupid, but in my country we had completly different types of education). Can you imagine? 137 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I was crying, I always dreamed to be a lawyer, I used to be the best student in the university I graduated in my country and 137 was just killing me) I remember that day and that was terrible. Then I bought all Bibles (THE BEST BOOKS EVER), 5-8 hours a day.....and now after 2 months my score is 167 (+ 30 POINTS). And I am sure I can do better. And I will do my best to get 175 .

I am just telling you YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU REALLY WANT!!!! I took some Kaplan classes and they told me :" We are sorry, but probably for you it is almost imposible to get even 150" THEY JUST SAID I AM STUPID THIS WAY. After my 167 I really believe IF I DID IT YOU (THOSE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH PERFECT) CAN DO IT EVEN BETTER - MUCH BETTER.

NEVER GIVE UP. IF YOU HAVE A DREAM JUST KEEP GOING, JUST PUSH THROUH THE PERSISTENCE......

giveitawhurl

New

Post by giveitawhurl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 am

Elena wrote:Hi,

First of all want to say that this forum helped me so much, because here I found lots of information about LSAT preparation ways......I am not a native Eglish language speakes and speak this language just 1 year aproximately, so when for the first time I did LSAT the score was 137 ( I can't say I am stupid, but in my country we had completly different types of education). Can you imagine? 137 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I was crying, I always dreamed to be a lawyer, I used to be the best student in the university I graduated in my country and 137 was just killing me) I remember that day and that was terrible. Then I bought all Bibles (THE BEST BOOKS EVER), 5-8 hours a day.....and now after 2 months my score is 167 (+ 30 POINTS). And I am sure I can do better. And I will do my best to get 175 .

I am just telling you YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU REALLY WANT!!!! I took some Kaplan classes and they told me :" We are sorry, but probably for you it is almost imposible to get even 150" THEY JUST SAID I AM STUPID THIS WAY. After my 167 I really believe IF I DID IT YOU (THOSE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH PERFECT) CAN DO IT EVEN BETTER - MUCH BETTER.

NEVER GIVE UP. IF YOU HAVE A DREAM JUST KEEP GOING, JUST PUSH THROUH THE PERSISTENCE......
I took a Kaplan class once and the teacher told us (the whole class) we were unlikely to improve more than 10 points from our diag!!!

Elena

New

Post by Elena » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:31 pm

that ia why I am telling just not to believe anyone about your score. LSAT is not for genius but just for regular people

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

adam.123

New

Post by adam.123 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 pm

the most encouraging post i ever read, thank you Elina! i wish you luck in acing lsat, 175+. thanks you!
Elena wrote:Hi,

idiothek

New

Post by idiothek » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:49 am

171 (September 2009)

2) What books did you use?

Heavily Used: LG bible, LR bible, Superprep

Barely Touched: Kaplan Mastery, Kaplan 180

3) What prep courses did you take (if any)?

Didn't take any.

Working part time, I studied for 2-3 hours a day for about 120 days. I followed a personalized version of the Pithypike method (to whom I'm forever indebted). I was consistently PTing in the 176-178 range, so i'm retaking in December 2009.

I'd say in the 25-30 range

Spend more time reviewing. I also wouldn't've taken as many tests early in prep.

I took the slow/steady pace--studied a bit every day and intensified with about a month left. Honestly, the Pithypike guide/method is amazing. Make sure to customize it to your needs/weaknesses. And for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, review your tests! Review your incorrect answers, try to retrace your faulty reasoning and thoroughly analyze why you got it wrong/where your reasoning went astray.

bmcavan

New

Post by bmcavan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:43 pm

After you take a PT in LR, how long do you review questions you answered correctly? Does this help at all?

jello_2001

New

Post by jello_2001 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:49 pm

This information is great and will be very helpful. Thanks for all who shared!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”