Bridging the gap between timed and untimed practice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
theZeigs

Bronze

Re: Bridging the gap between timed and untimed practice

Post by theZeigs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:50 am

I think Cambridge LSAT lets you print the file three times. Go spend $40 on a printer and $20 on paper/one replacement cartridge, print in "draft" mode FTW.

If they don't let you print it three times, print once to PDF, then print that twice.

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 am

theZeigs wrote:I think Cambridge LSAT lets you print the file three times. Go spend $40 on a printer and $20 on paper/one replacement cartridge, print in "draft" mode FTW.

If they don't let you print it three times, print once to PDF, then print that twice.

Ink cartridges aren't going to last you more than a few PTs. You'll be spending A LOT of money on ink either way (I've gone through 7 black cartridges and over 1,500 pages this Summer). It's just easier to print two copies than make photocopies of 35 pages for each PT. It takes like 20 minutes just to make the photocopies!

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 am

Or just use a professional copying service, I paid like $0,02 per page.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:21 am

Just make one copy!

What's wrong with using one copy and placing your second answer to the left of the answer choices? It's what I do. Just don't take for granted that your first answer is correct. It works for me.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:14 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Just make one copy!

What's wrong with using one copy and placing your second answer to the left of the answer choices? It's what I do. Just don't take for granted that your first answer is correct. It works for me.
Bias. We don't like to admit that we're wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DuggS

New

Post by DuggS » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 am

Do you use a second copy of the PT to review it untimed or do you use only one copy? I see the point of not marking up the LR section and putting your answers on a bubble sheet directly but marking up the RC and LG sections is a must. :roll:

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 am

DuggS wrote:Do you use a second copy of the PT to review it untimed or do you use only one copy? I see the point of not marking up the LR section and putting your answers on a bubble sheet directly but marking up the RC and LG sections is a must. :roll:
Yes, reusing the test won't work.

mentat

New

Post by mentat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 am

LOL

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:35 am

bump

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GoldenGloves

Bronze

Post by GoldenGloves » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 am

I began using this technique last September without first timing myself through individual sections. At first, I saw an enormous increase in my scores. As the month progressed, however, I faced burn out & decided to cancel my scheduled October exam. I'm still not sure if it was a result of doing too much at once, or because I was doing it along with five undergrad courses & a part time job.

Either way, I think it's best to start out using this method for individual sections, eventually working up to five sections or more at a time.

It's an excellent idea though, & I wish more people would give it a shot & report back on their progress.

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 pm

I'll bump this again seeing as it is the strategy I have started to implement. My only issue is familiarity with questions... Having taken testmaster's class and doing the "homework" I exposed myself to way to many questions without reviewing and understanding my mistakes. Now, when I try to do certain practice tests to gauge where I am at, some questions are familiar and my answer choices are biased(sometimes right, sometimes wrong) and the whole timing element is thrown off...

There are certain practice tests I don't remember as many of the questions but overall I'd say of the 62 or 63 practice tests there are I will see and remember at least 1 question from 60/63 =\. It is really frustrating when I am trying to gauge progress and I feel as though the 173 I just got is biased because I remember 4 of the LR questions and can answer them quicker/get to the entire 25 questions in the section. I felt this way before taking the Dec. LSAT and lo and behold, on the actual test I could only get to 22/25 questions on LR and I ran out of time halfway through the last game. The only PT I have left that I think will help me is indeed Dec 2010 and Oct 2010 because I only saw them once/did them once and I didn't really review over them intensely because seeing the answers I got wrong on the actual LSAT was too frustrating for me. I missed the first 2 questions of the Dec 2010 test then when I reviewed over them the answers were so obvious that after looking at my answer sheet to see I got them wrong I just got mad at myself and stopped reviewing lol.

Anyways can't do much about having questions engrained in my head. I just have to hope that the reasoning is there and not just the answer.

Stanley Otto Swift

New

Post by Stanley Otto Swift » Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 am

bumping this up in case people haven't seen it

roranoa

Silver

Post by roranoa » Mon May 23, 2011 2:09 am

tag

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

desiballa21

Bronze

Post by desiballa21 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Trying this tomorrow!

PSteel

New

Post by PSteel » Mon May 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Oh wow, this strategy is really impressive. I like the blunt-force feel to it. It's not necessarily about picking and choosing what you're weak with. You're instead outright trying to get the entire test down, whether it's reinforcing what you already know to work on the test as a whole, or learning through your mistakes what you need to do instead, so those mistakes won't happen again. I've found that my scores (not using this method at all yet, but will start tomorrow) have been all over the 160's range lately, with no real method to the madness as to why they're doing so. I believe with this type of review, however, I can really start to change that and I'll be able to get this test down. I'm so glad you bumped this again. I'll get back to here after I have the results from a few days of doing this.

LoveLife89

Bronze

Post by LoveLife89 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Tagged

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Thu May 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Definitely trying this later today.

Though I'm down to 63-65 as the only practice tests I haven't taken yet.

What do you guys think of going back to the first ten preptests book and using those - or has LR changed significantly? I used it for prep last year though...so there's a lot of erasing in my future.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

it'sjustme

New

Post by it'sjustme » Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 pm

I only have seven uncompleted practice tests (55-61) left - would there be any detriment to utilizing this strategy for so few tests and for so little time? Or could it only help?

Edit: Or, at the very worst, have no effect!

IgosduIkana

Bronze

Post by IgosduIkana » Tue May 29, 2012 12:45 am

Thanks so much for sharing, this technique is helping me tremendously

Stanley Otto Swift

New

Post by Stanley Otto Swift » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 am

another shameless bump. Good luck young padawans.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 am

Stanley Otto Swift wrote:another shameless bump. Good luck young padawans.
Damn, been a long time since you've been around Otto, welcome back! Geeze, I even remember you from back on LSD in the days when it was hoppin. How things been?

Based on the date of your OP in this thread, you can rightfully stake claim to have had and shared this awesome prep idea and published it here before 7Sage even existed and later nicknamed it "The Blind Review"! Tons of people mistakenly think 7Sage invented this idea.

http://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-t ... at-part-1/

It's an awesome very important part of prep that is very effective for flushing out issues that need correcting to improve no matter who says it. It's an essential part of phase 3 of prep leading up to test day that is the only real direct path to further improvement.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Stanley Otto Swift

New

Post by Stanley Otto Swift » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:36 am

Jeffort wrote:
Stanley Otto Swift wrote:another shameless bump. Good luck young padawans.
Damn, been a long time since you've been around Otto, welcome back! Geeze, I even remember you from back on LSD in the days when it was hoppin. How things been?

Based on the date of your OP in this thread, you can rightfully stake claim to have had and shared this awesome prep idea and published it here before 7Sage even existed and later nicknamed it "The Blind Review"! Tons of people mistakenly think 7Sage invented this idea.

http://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-t ... at-part-1/

It's an awesome very important part of prep that is very effective for flushing out issues that need correcting to improve no matter who says it. It's an essential part of phase 3 of prep leading up to test day that is the only real direct path to further improvement.
Hey Jeffort,

Life is good. I pop in occasionally to see what's new in the world of LSAT prep, but I rarely post. Hope you're doing well.

Stanley Otto Swift

New

Post by Stanley Otto Swift » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:55 pm

Take-the-Bridge

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”