Should I take the LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Alyo23

New

Should I take the LSAT?

Post by Alyo23 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:08 pm

I've recently decided that this upcoming cycle is the perfect time for me to take the plunge and apply to law school. I had originally planned on applying to graduate school in philosophy, so I've already taken the GRE, now I'm wondering if it would be wise to take the LSAT as well. I would be incredibly grateful for any advice on this matter. Thank you all in advance!

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Should I take the LSAT?

Post by crazywafflez » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:51 am

The GRE is generally becoming more acceptable. However, i haven't seen scholarships attached with those GRE Scores (i'm not saying they don't exist, just haven't seen any). A high LSAT score (above the median for the school) generally tends to lend itself to a scholarship. I would suggest you take the LSAT unless you have a near perfect GRE.
And when you say this cycle, do you mean going to law school in the fall of 23? You're going to be applying fairly behind most folks if that's the case.

crownlsat

New

Post by crownlsat » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:21 pm

When I applied, I had a friend who applied with a very high GRE get rejected from the T14. He ended up taking the LSAT and the next cycle he had a 170 and ended up at a T14. That's one data point but I think it could be helpful. I offer LSAT tutoring and scored a 171 official from a diagnostic in the 140s. Happy to help if that is the route you end up going with. My email is crownlsat@gmail.com

Antetrust

New

Post by Antetrust » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:41 am

Take the LSAT. Study like your life depends on it. Get massive scholarships. Profit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”