Time Management Advice for LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
EmilyM54

New

Time Management Advice for LSAT

Post by EmilyM54 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:49 pm

I'm stuck in the low 160's on the LSAT and usually missing 3-4 questions in my favorite section (Logic Games) and 2-3 in my two Logic Reasoning sections combined. I think I spend too much time on some of the questions and get into time trouble at the end - is there any advice you can give me regarding time management, specifically for these sections? I'm sure it's not just a matter of intelligence - is there any general trick or strategy I haven't figured out yet? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Alyo23

New

Re: Time Management Advice for LSAT

Post by Alyo23 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:56 pm

Hi there, I can certainly relate to your problem! When it comes to time management, the best advice I can give is to make sure you are familiar with the LSAT question types and practice them frequently so that you know how much time each one takes. Additionally, try to avoid getting hung up on any particular questions - if you're stuck on one, move on and return to it if you have time. You can also use the "marking" function to navigate to any questions you want to review quickly. Lastly, practice taking timed tests under exam-like conditions so that you get used to the pace of the test.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Time Management Advice for LSAT

Post by Pneumonia » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:41 am

It is less about managing time and more a about getting faster. That comes only with practice and drilling. Time management isn’t the answer for the LSAT, because time will never be an asset for you, only a liability. Think of it more like how to conquer the time constraint.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”