Analytics Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
munsk

New

Analytics

Post by munsk » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 am

Hi all,

I'm considering several prep packages, and I was wondering which one has the best analytical output?

I'd like:
1. accuracy measures,
2. time spent on each question,
3. average time (over many test takers) per question
4. average time spent per question for top scorers

I see a lot of tools for measuring accuracy, but few that also measure timing. Is there one that uses official materials and does this? If not, what's the best way to measure these? Magoosh does all this for the GMAT, but I've read that they don't use/have all the official prep tests in their database.

IntellectualMode

New

Re: Analytics

Post by IntellectualMode » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:23 am

Hey fella,

Listen, I don't mean to discourage you or anything, but I don't think you're going to find any of the answers you're looking for.

It's actually quite unclear if prep companies actually track the statistics you're looking for, but even if they do, it's likely that this information is not in the public domain for one reason or another.

In my opinion, prep companies' online courses teach much of the same things and all have one goal in mind when you pay them their fee - teach you how to handle the LSAT.

They do usually improve your score - my first PT taken on a whim resulted in a 149, after the course, 168.

But the greatest improvements usually come through taking PTs and analysing them, which has enabled me to get into the 170s range.

DKilloranPowerScore

Bronze

Re: Analytics

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:37 pm

munsk wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 am
Hi all,

I'm considering several prep packages, and I was wondering which one has the best analytical output?

I'd like:
1. accuracy measures,
2. time spent on each question,
3. average time (over many test takers) per question
4. average time spent per question for top scorers

I see a lot of tools for measuring accuracy, but few that also measure timing. Is there one that uses official materials and does this? If not, what's the best way to measure these? Magoosh does all this for the GMAT, but I've read that they don't use/have all the official prep tests in their database.
The PowerScore LSAT Testing and Analytics does the first two, but currently not the last two. Those are in the queue for upgrades we will be making soon though, but I'd have to check on a timeline for that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”