Struggling with LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ConstellationMiracle

New

Struggling with LG

Post by ConstellationMiracle » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:57 am

I'm having a REALLY hard time finishing Games on time. I spend 10 minutes on the simple linear games, and almost 20 minutes for the harder games (Game #3 and #4) for each section. For those who have gotten over this struggle with time, how did you do it? Thanks!

ConstellationMiracle

New

Re: Struggling with LG

Post by ConstellationMiracle » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Bump

Dsquar3d

New

Post by Dsquar3d » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:39 am

Tough to say. It could be practice (generally needing to work with more games), or seeing patterns to unlock the games, or even game setup at the start before you start answering questions. The games are not ranked easiest to hardest in each section. Sometimes the easier games appear difficult or complicated at first glance, but with the right setup you can complete them in 3-4 minutes.

Now, if you’re answering all the questions in each game correctly, focus on more practice. Simply more games. Speed will come. Also, during practice tests (and on test day), when you begin the LG section, pay attention to and start with the games you do well at. Prioritize those first, but don’t be afraid to move on to another game if you get stuck and time is ticking. You can come back to it with fresh eyes. I used to number them after noticing what type of game each was. Obviously bouncing between games is tougher with a digital LSAT. I took paper in 2017 and digital in 2018. Strategy worked well with both tests.

Now, if you’re noticing you’re getting answers incorrect, rework the game - but try to focus on your setup before answering any questions. After you nail your setup and notice you’re getting all your answers correct, then focus on speed. If you can, make sure you’re practicing with some type of digital LG section with a similar format to the actual digital LSAT.

Hope it helps.

ManhattanElitePrep

New

Post by ManhattanElitePrep » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:39 pm

Hello, it is always good to gain familiarity with the main question types. Also practicing drawing diagrams to visualize the question that you answer. Thoroughly reviewing your answers and studying with flashcards has always proven to be effective.

TheNavigator

New

Post by TheNavigator » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:19 pm

I would buy and read/work through the PowerScore Logic Games Bible, and then drill games until you’re performing perfectly or nearly perfectly consistently. That’s what helped me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”