How can I bring LR questions missed down? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ConstellationMiracle

New

How can I bring LR questions missed down?

Post by ConstellationMiracle » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Did people on here move to Reddit? Or is there still people here?

Anyways....
I would really, really appreciate advice on how I can get from -4 average per LR section down to -1/-2 per section. I feel like sometimes I just don't see the connection in the argument or I have brain farts that I don't know how to overcome, so it's not even that I'm just consistently getting one type of question wrong. The types are all over the place.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: How can I bring LR questions missed down?

Post by Dcc617 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Biggest things I did were to 1) not overthink questions and 2) skip and come back if I got stuck or wasn’t sure. For some questions, I’d identify the right answer but then talk myself into the wrong one by overthinking. So I had to learn to trust my instincts. But honestly 2 was the biggest piece. If I felt confident in an answer the first time through I’d answer it, and then once I got through my first pass I’d normally have plenty of time to go back through and answer the ones I left blank. A lot of time the answer would be super clear once I revisited. I’d also have plenty of time to think through the tough ones because I hadn’t burnt a bunch of time the first go around.

d_gosto

New

Re: How can I bring LR questions missed down?

Post by d_gosto » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:14 pm

This is really good advice above! Just started studying myself but I find that the one's I get wrong on LR tend to be those I just spend too much time on, get frustrated, and circle something just to get the question over with. The answer is always going to be there in the stimulus text, it's just hard to see if you've been reading it over and over again and you might lose sight of what the question is asking. Re-visiting will always bring more clarity!! Now with LG on the other hand... I still haven't figured out how to do all of those in <35 mins-- but hopefully this might help you with LR!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”