Taking LSAT-Flex outside of North America Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WinnieWei

New

Taking LSAT-Flex outside of North America

Post by WinnieWei » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Has anyone taken North America LSAT-flex outside of North America?
I heard that it is not allowed technically, but how do they know where the test taker is? Is there any potential punishment for such behavior?

IntellectualMode

New

Re: Taking LSAT-Flex outside of North America

Post by IntellectualMode » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:35 am

Hello Hello,

As far as I'm aware, I'm taking the LSAT-Flex in the April of next year and I'm currently in the UK.
LSAC may not've included us (Europe, Africa, Middle-East) in the first few rounds of the new digital LSAT, but we're all allowed to take the Flex, which is fine by me.

Anyways, The LSAT-Flex uses a third-party service called ProctorU to administer the test.
It's not something that's really in use in the UK education system, but I'm told it's used around the world so maybe you've heard of it, maybe you've not.

ProctorU's service is designed as to ensure that you abide by the timings set by the test and to ensure that a test-taker is the actual person taking the test.
The service requires you to use a webcam and a microphone throughout, however, if there exists external considerations e.g. wifi issues, you can ask LSAC to come to some form of arrangement that still allows you to take the test.

ProctorU has their own set of policies for which you must abide by throughout the test, failure to follow such policies can result in your scores being cancelled, and potentially not being allowed to take the test again.

Hope this helps

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”