How did you master grouping games? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ALCA1920

New

How did you master grouping games?

Post by ALCA1920 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:21 am

My biggest problem is timing. I know how to set up grouping games, but more so than ordering games, I notice that there aren't many inferences to make before starting the questions. Usually, the rules are "not" blocks or lists of conditional statements that don't always link up. My strategy on the questions is very time consuming- put an answer into my diagram to see if it works, and if not, move to the next answer choice.

Would I get better with practice, or is there something that I don't yet understand about the setup or general strategy on answering the questions?

jmbsimi97

New

Re: How did you master grouping games?

Post by jmbsimi97 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:50 am

I found LSAT Unplugged's videos to be helpful! Happy to chat more about what combos of resources I used to kill LG

logan3000

New

Re: How did you master grouping games?

Post by logan3000 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:14 am

1) You definitely get better (and much faster) with practice

2) If I remember back to my time in the games, there would usually be no more than 1-2 inferred rules from the rules given, then you'd uncover more of the relationships as you begin the games

That said, mastering LG is really just a matter of drilling, especially with the grouping ones I think.
The relationships and new rules just start to "click" much more quickly after seeing so many of them.

If you get to your like ... 30th game and still struggle with timing, then revisit your approach and see if there's maybe an issue.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”