Absolutely bombed LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chingiz

New

Absolutely bombed LG

Post by chingiz » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:35 am

Hey guys, I took a diagnostic and got completely destroyed by LG. I had no idea wtf I was doing. Has anyone else scored this poorly on the LG section of their diagnostic, but made drastic improvements by test day?

Here's the breakdown -

https://i.imgur.com/RwqP2iF.jpg

IntellectualMode

New

Re: Absolutely bombed LG

Post by IntellectualMode » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:16 am

Hey fella,

Just as a rule of thumb you shouldn't be disheartened at all by your results - you still performed well in LR and RC, with some room for improvement, so there's definitely positive things to take away.

Now, LG is the section of the test where it is possible for test takers to make the most improvement in regards to scoring for an individual section. This is because LG, as detailed in most resources, has quite a linear format for the games and it's possible for test takers to learn tried and tested approaches to LG that work close to every single time.

To help you out and to get that LG score up, I recommend getting your hands on an LG resource - Powerscore, Manhattan Prep etc. - learn the game approaches and make sure you practice your skills for each type of game.

Best of Luck

chingiz

New

Post by chingiz » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:19 pm

Thanks, I just got 7sage, and plan on grinding out LGs for the next 3 months.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:29 pm

Don't sweat it; 152 is a good diagnostic score, and 14/25 is a fine too. You will improve once you learn the diagramming methods.

jmbsimi97

New

Post by jmbsimi97 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:48 am

You're doing ok, that's a great diagnostic score! LG is something most people don't know off the bat, so you can do this! I had a 151 diagnostic and worked to a 170 in 3 months, and that included only missing one LG problem on the August LSAT flex. I believe you'll be able to do something similarly. I also tutor the LSAT now and am happy to do a free strategy call if you want!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawstudentcoeur

New

Post by lawstudentcoeur » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:47 pm

I used 7sage for my LG because I am a visual learner. And I got my LG down in a month. I would suggest since youre a beginner at it, do the easy ones first and build up, but once you get the hang of things. I found that if you focus your time on the hardest ones, the easier ones will go faster, since youll make those inferences much quicker.

ever

New

Post by ever » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Hey chingiz how is LG study going? echoing what others have already said, but LG is often the toughest section for people to do well on at first. but it is also the most learnable. Once you get game setup (diagramming and properly mapping the rules) and inferences down (drawing some conclusions/possibilities out of the rules given), you'll be able to knock LG out of the park.

crownlsat

New

Post by crownlsat » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:01 am

The good news is that LG is the most easily learnable section. I had a lot of trouble on this section during my diagnostic too. To improve on LG, I used and recommend 7Sage and the LG Bible by Powerscore, which helped get me to -0 on the real thing. You'll find that there are categories of games and specific strategies to approach them, which will make your life easier. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”