LSAT-Flex Vs. Traditional LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Do you think that the LSAT-Flex will replace the Traditional LSAT?

Yes
39%
No
44%
Maybe
17%

Total votes: 18

tlsadmin3

LSAT-Flex Vs. Traditional LSAT

Post by tlsadmin3 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:34 pm

A recent survey showed that a majority of law school admissions offices aren’t noticing any difference between those applying with the traditional LSAT score and those applying with a score from the LSAT Flex. Do you think the LSAT-Flex is going to replace the traditional LSAT?

IntellectualMode

New

Re: LSAT-Flex Vs. Traditional LSAT

Post by IntellectualMode » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:50 am

That's quite an interesting result, about admissions teams not noticing any major differences between students who took the traditional and the flex.
Perhaps that says something about the nature of the test itself and that between candidates who score
within a certain range, there isn't all that much difference.

This would align with a view that certain employers take when they assess candidates using critical thinking tests like the Watson-Glaser test, in that there isn't all that much difference between candidates who get scores within a certain range.

But I'm not so sure the Flex would fully replace the Traditional LSAT. And that's not down to the law school's decision, but rather LSAC's.
I can imagine that LSAC think that the Flex is a temporary solution - they know that there's students who've been caught up in the extraordinary times we live in, and to be able to promote access to a legal education for many, they want to offer the Flex as a compromise.
I don't think that making the Flex a permanent compromise is what's in the books going forward, even with this survey result, I do think that as soon as it's feasible to do so they'll go back to in-person testing.
When that will be however is a separate matter.

Let me know what you think!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”