Suddenly Failing at LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
avvvv

New

Suddenly Failing at LR

Post by avvvv » Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi All,

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I finished the 7Sage logical reasoning course, and the next four or so practice tests I took I scored anywhere from a -1 to a -3 on each section. Awesome. I then moved from studying LR to studying Logic Games for about a month and improved my scores in that category quite a bit, from -7ish to -2ish. However, my logical reasoning scores have dipped back into the same scores I got in my diagnostic exam (-7-8)! Did I just forget everything 7sage taught me? Is it because LR sections in later tests are somehow harder or different than earlier tests? I'm worried I never really had a good grasp on the logical reasoning even though I did well for a few weeks. I'm feeling really frustrated seeing my PT scores go from the 170s to the mid-160s. Ugh. Any advice where I should go from here? Taking the July test and hoping to score a 170+

HopefulSplitter0000

Bronze

Re: Suddenly Failing at LR

Post by HopefulSplitter0000 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:09 am

avvvv wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm
Any advice where I should go from here? Taking the July test and hoping to score a 170+
Go back to basics.

If your score dipped, it means that you did not consolidate critical logical reasoning skills and were improving due to increasing familiarity with question language. You need to work on isolating conclusions and breaking stimuli into their most basic components (i.e. argument, conclusion, subsidiary conclusion, etc.). I bet that if you build these skills, your score will go up again.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”