Where Do I Begin? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hannahsilene

New

Where Do I Begin?

Post by hannahsilene » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Hey all! I am currently beginning the second semester of my Junior year (undergrad) as a Political Science major concentrating in Public Law. I am about to begin studying for the LSAT as I would like as much experience with the exam as possible in order to assure the best score due to the fact that my undergrad GPA is not exactly ideal (I'm looking at between a 3.1 and a 3.4 by the time I graduate). Where do you recommend that I begin? I am a bit overwhelmed at all of the information in my prep booklet. If you could go back without any negative study habits and study the LSAT all over again knowing what you know now, how would you do so? In addition, do you have any tips for how to compensate for my low GPA? I feel as though taking on internships as well as a compelling entrance essay will help, but I would like to know your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Re: Where Do I Begin?

Post by LSATWiz.com » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:56 pm

hannahsilene wrote:Hey all! I am currently beginning the second semester of my Junior year (undergrad) as a Political Science major concentrating in Public Law. I am about to begin studying for the LSAT as I would like as much experience with the exam as possible in order to assure the best score due to the fact that my undergrad GPA is not exactly ideal (I'm looking at between a 3.1 and a 3.4 by the time I graduate). Where do you recommend that I begin? I am a bit overwhelmed at all of the information in my prep booklet. If you could go back without any negative study habits and study the LSAT all over again knowing what you know now, how would you do so? In addition, do you have any tips for how to compensate for my low GPA? I feel as though taking on internships as well as a compelling entrance essay will help, but I would like to know your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!
I'd get your GPA up as much as possible. You want to avoid applying with a GPA close to 3 to the greatest extent you can.

I'd start LSAT prep by becoming proficient with formal logic and argumentative structure (i.e. recognizing conclusions, types of arguments, keywords connoting a key piece of evidence, etc.). From that point on, you want to start learning game and LR question types individually.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”