Problems with the second half of LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ltowns1

Silver

Problems with the second half of LR

Post by ltowns1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:53 pm

So I'm gettin around 6-7 questions wrong on the second half of LR. I'm averaging around 16 problems correct per section. So basically most of my errors are coming from the back half. I'm moving quickly through the first half, and I slow down during the second. I feel like I'm concentrating, but I know the pressure probably starts to get to me once I start the second half. I do know I spend too much time on a few questions during the back half. I've heard of some people answering the questions that won't take long first, skipping the questions that they know will take some time to answer, and then going back to do those questions after you've done all the easy questions. Should I do that? (More than just on pattern/flawed pattern questions). Does anybody have any advice on how they got better on the second half if you've had a similar problem or if you know how to remedy the problem?

jensejer

New

Re: Problems with the second half of LR

Post by jensejer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm

If you're finding that you're making more errors on the back half regardless of question type, I would imagine it's just a sign of needing to build mental stamina. I would advise to keep on drilling consecutive LR sections, or having your fifth "experimental" section be a LR section. If you can recognize a set of problem types, then I would follow the typical advise to re-read that section of your prep books and drill with commercial compilations of question types.

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 am

jensejer wrote:If you're finding that you're making more errors on the back half regardless of question type, I would imagine it's just a sign of needing to build mental stamina. I would advise to keep on drilling consecutive LR sections, or having your fifth "experimental" section be a LR section. If you can recognize a set of problem types, then I would follow the typical advise to re-read that section of your prep books and drill with commercial compilations of question types.
Thank you

polisciguy123

New

Post by polisciguy123 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:59 am

I'm in the same boat as you. I do agree with the other guy, though. I don't think it's as if we don't understand the problems, but the time pressure and the need for mental stamina build-up are getting to us. 3 weeks till test day, and I still think it's doable to get a good score especially on LR given that we really drill on the daily.
Message me if you want to talk!

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:43 pm

polisciguy123 wrote:I'm in the same boat as you. I do agree with the other guy, though. I don't think it's as if we don't understand the problems, but the time pressure and the need for mental stamina build-up are getting to us. 3 weeks till test day, and I still think it's doable to get a good score especially on LR given that we really drill on the daily.
Message me if you want to talk!

Yeah I hear you for sure. I've been at this for a loooooong time now actually (years). I've finally gotten to a place where the other sections are coming around. I got 152 and 157 on my last two scores respectively. .On the test where I got a 157 I had one LR section that was a -10, and the other was -6. The -6 encourages me since it was the last time I've seen fresh questions, but I still have a lot of work to do. Most of the sections I've taken in the past few weeks have been closer to the - 10 range. I've found that there are always 2 to 4' questions on the back half that really were easy for me to solve too, but I got them wrong under pressure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”