Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible vs. LSAT Trainer Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible vs. LSAT Trainer

Post by GnarMarBinx » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been through the Powerscore LG Bible as well as the LSAT trainer mainly for LR and RC (and to strengthen LG a bit). I found the LSAT trainer seems sufficient for Logical Reasoning. However, I bought the LR Bible from Powerscore a while ago as well and am wondering if it would be useful. I am planning on drilling on my own time and writing PT's up until the Sept exam, as I feel I have the fundamentals down. LR is my best section, but can still be improved.

For people who have used both the Logical Reasoning Bible and the LSAT trainer, do you find that the LR Bible gave you valuable information/tactics that you would not have received only from the LSAT trainer? If not, I may just use it for drilling, or not use it at all since I feel like drilling questions from old PT's may = the most amount of progress.

Thanks in advance.
Like this

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible vs. LSAT Trainer

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:43 pm

I used both - LR Bible first, then LSAT Trainer.

I felt that LR Bible taught/emphasized things that weren't really that useful to me, but the Trainer as a whole taught me to think how the LSAT LR questions work.

I consistently scored 4 points higher on PT averages after the Trainer than I did after just the LR Bible. That being said, it's impossible to determine if that was just the Trainer, or the composite effect of having seen the material in depth previously (in the LR Bible) and then having it reinforced/fresh take from the Trainer.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:I used both - LR Bible first, then LSAT Trainer.

I felt that LR Bible taught/emphasized things that weren't really that useful to me, but the Trainer as a whole taught me to think how the LSAT LR questions work.

I consistently scored 4 points higher on PT averages after the Trainer than I did after just the LR Bible. That being said, it's impossible to determine if that was just the Trainer, or the composite effect of having seen the material in depth previously (in the LR Bible) and then having it reinforced/fresh take from the Trainer.
Thanks a lot! I will take that into consideration. Maybe I will skim through certain question types that I notice I am struggling with once I start doing more drills/practice to see if the Bible has a different perspective that might suit me better.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Any extra material will only help you and so if you have Powerscore you should be fine. Manhattan is also a great series im currently using with the Trainer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”