I'm hopeless at LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
basketweaver

New

I'm hopeless at LG

Post by basketweaver » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm averaging around -5 or 6 on other sections but consecutively am getting -14 to 16 on LG...

I did the Mike Kim book in 2 months... is there any hope for me?

Has anyone else had a similar issue and one day it clicked for them?

It's frustrating because I'd be a 160something test taker if LG was consistent with my other sections.

CR7

New

Re: I'm hopeless at LG

Post by CR7 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:39 pm

basketweaver wrote:I'm averaging around -5 or 6 on other sections but consecutively am getting -14 to 16 on LG...

It's frustrating because I'd be a 160something test taker if LG was consistent with my other sections.
Just keep practicing and don't be afraid to adjust your strategy...games clicked for me 2-3 weeks before the test and I got -1 on the real thing...focus on why you're getting them wrong as well and make sure you're efficient in your approach

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:41 pm

basketweaver wrote:I'm averaging around -5 or 6 on other sections but consecutively am getting -14 to 16 on LG...

Is the Trainer the only material you've used? Lots of people love Kim's work, but it doesn't click for others. You should use 7sage and the Powerscore LG bible.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 pm

-Get the PS LG Bible or Manhattan LG and all of the early PTs you can get your hands on. Go through the book lesson by lesson, doing all of the exercises (and then doing them again.)
- Do the games by game type, over and over and over. Spend hours. Have a goal of doing, say, 10 games per day. Make an excel sheet or notebook of Game # and times for that game. Keep doing them until you've got the vast majority within 8m45s. Once you're at that level, return to doing full LG sections.

It's a huge slog and takes a ridiculous amount of time and energy. Don't get discouraged - You'll get there.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 pm

watch 7sage videos on youtube

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Not hopeless at all, my friend. I felt the same way and Mikey and Alexandros both gave me the same advice and it worked. I found 7Sage videos the most help and they are free on youtube -- check them out!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyrex

New

Post by Pyrex » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

I really liked the LSAT hacks site: https://lsathacks.com/guide/faq/how-to- ... gic-games/

The guy used to be a trainer at 7Sage and somewhere else I think. May not click with everyone, but I found his approach much concise than others. I also love the Mike Kim book, though, so YMMV.

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 pm

LG is the most learnable section it's just the biggest pain in the ass (for me - a lot of people love it which baffles me).

I used an online kaplan LG specific prep thing which helped because I am a super auditory learner and need things to be explained if they're challenging for me.
Also what's been said here is good advice re: the 7sage videos.

Don't give up! The other sections are much harder to improve score wise if you start out shitty with them and I say this as a dyslexic person.

Practice practice practice

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:20 pm

I wouldn't freak out yet. In my experience, LG just "clicked" one day, and it's been a breeze ever since. LG is largely a study in pattern recognition. The games all recycle inferences and push rules together similarly. Once you've seen enough, it becomes 2nd nature. Just keep plugging away. Do them untimed if you really have trouble. The key is to understand how they are constructed, and to really utilize a proper set up. I started doing much better on games, when I stopped worrying about time, and focused on getting a perfect set up. Spending more time up front makes confronting the questions really easy in most cases.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

guyindfw

New

Post by guyindfw » Fri May 05, 2017 11:44 am

keep practicing with and without timer just the LG.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 am

Can you go perfect on 2 games in 35 minutes? Or, can you go near-perfect on all 4 in an hour?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”