DC (or skype?) tutor for LR / RC Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mouth

New

DC (or skype?) tutor for LR / RC

Post by Mouth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Bad Hombres (I don't know if that will ever get old),

I've been preparing for the June take since about November of last year and with the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm getting a little concerned that my LSAT is looking more and more like my golf game - highly inconsistent. I've been through the MLSAT books, LRB, and 7sage, and keep going back to those for reference and drilling etc, but I'm still finding that my execution is... temperamental. I was originally following Pithy's plan, and found that that helped a ton, but when it comes to taking actual tests, I've seen as high as a 179 to as low as a 168 today.

I think that I've reached close to my limit as to what I can teach myself and decided that it's probably best to get an outside opinion to help me hone in on the weaknesses or bad strategies that I'm not seeing because I'm too close to it. For my section breakdowns, I'm not too worried about LG - I am around -2 on a bad day. RC has been as low as -0 to as bad as -7, but usually is pretty consistent at around -3. LR is the one that I'm the most worried about; I'm usually -3ish on each section, but I am just eating time with that section and I can't truly figure out where I am going wrong with my processes or what I am missing that is causing so much grief.

I have been drilling and drilling the questions that I am having the most trouble with, but I at times feel like I am just spinning my wheels without actually getting any better.

If any of you have a recommendation for someone (or are that someone), please let me know, and hopefully you all can help me find someone who can teach this old dog new tricks (okay, I'm not that old).

Thanks for the help!
Mouth

saf18hornet

Bronze

Re: DC (or skype?) tutor for LR / RC

Post by saf18hornet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:49 pm

In DC, Ben Olson of Strategy Prep

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”