Help with LR approach Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CottonHarvest

Bronze

Help with LR approach

Post by CottonHarvest » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:05 pm

What's the easiest way to nail down your approach? Do lists of question types and there stems help? Are there ways to use flashcards to effectively recognize stems and approaches? Has anybody done this and what were the results?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Re: Help with LR approach

Post by MediocreAtBest » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:52 pm

i'm personally not too crazy about obsessing on the question types and stems, and I thought that the LR bible spent too much time on specifying between the types. But that's just me! Identifying premises and conclusions is more helpful in my opinion. Do some blind review on a few sections, that's good practice. Flash cards are good if you want to study on the go or something, but sometimes understanding a question (and why you got it right/wrong) takes a little more focus.

Mikey

Platinum

Re: Help with LR approach

Post by Mikey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Eh, don't do flashcards, just learn the question stems for each question type. I don't think it really takes that long to learn how to recognize a Q stem as a certain Q type tbh. What you should focus more on is how to actually do the Q types. Drill drill drill and blind review. If you drill per question type, you will get familiar with the Q stems anyways, while still learning how to do the type of question itself.

When given an argument, look at what the conclusion is and identify what premise(s) are trying to give support to that conclusion.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”