Slow Pace LSAT Studying?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
clementinetalkie

New

Slow Pace LSAT Studying??

Post by clementinetalkie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:23 pm

So I am working full time and studying for the LSATs. I study during down times, during my lunch breaks and on weekends so scheduling is not an issue at all. Oddly, I really enjoy studying for the LSATs and consider it to be kind of a game. The downside, I have ADD and CANNOT focus on LSAT prep for hours at a time. I have to take breaks every 30 minutes, so no hardcore prepping for me! As a result, I've been kind of forced to take more time to study in a way that works best for me. I guess you can say it's spacial learning, which is more chill. I don't plan to take the LSAT till September, but I'm wondering if anyone is out there prepping at a slower pace. What does your study schedule look like? What materials are you using?

Mikey

Platinum

Re: Slow Pace LSAT Studying??

Post by Mikey » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Study at whatever pace you feel is most comfortable, you'll get to where you want to be if you just apply yourself no matter what pace you go at.

sidenote: will you be attempting to get accommodations for test day due to your ADD? You should, I think it would be beneficial for you.

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:02 pm

I also worked full-time while studying, and prepped at a slow pace (over the course of an entire year), and was able to improve 23 points over a diagnostic. I'm a big fan of the study for an hour, take a break, come back and study some more, approach.

yyyuppp

Bronze

Post by yyyuppp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 pm

yes absolutely start slow. No reason to do something quickly when you are bad at it. As it gets easier, you should be able to do it more quickly, thats the point. Get good, then get fast.

clementinetalkie

New

Post by clementinetalkie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Mikey wrote:Study at whatever pace you feel is most comfortable, you'll get to where you want to be if you just apply yourself no matter what pace you go at.

sidenote: will you be attempting to get accommodations for test day due to your ADD? You should, I think it would be beneficial for you.
I was thinking about getting extra time. Do you think I can get extra time with ADD?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:52 pm

clementinetalkie wrote:
Mikey wrote:Study at whatever pace you feel is most comfortable, you'll get to where you want to be if you just apply yourself no matter what pace you go at.

I was thinking about getting extra time. Do you think I can get extra time with ADD?
Yes, certainly! That is a completely valid reason to get accommodations, you just have to submit whatever information they want and hope that they give it to you. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”