Logic games and memorizing Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
orzo

New

Logic games and memorizing

Post by orzo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Is memorization part of learning logic games? If so, what exactly are we to memorize ? I'm trying to improve here and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels :(

dj9i27

Gold

Re: Logic games and memorizing

Post by dj9i27 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Memorization is not apart of any portion of this test imo. LG is more about the mechanism and strategies you use to approach the questions, a la you won't attack a linear the same way you would a grouping. 7Sage is a really good resource if you are 100% stuck paired with the LG Bible or Manhattan LG and you'll be going -2/3 in no time.

*You can go -0 it just takes time, -2/3 is a reasonable goal I wasn't being condescending.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:29 pm

If you're memorizing anything other than the nature/flow of a necessary/sufficient statement for LG, you're doing it wrong. LG is about taking the rules/facts set before you and applying them systematically to the questions.

If you've learned how to think correctly for LG, you should be able to have a fresh game set in front of you with no knowledge of what it will be and finish it in less than 9 minutes.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:42 pm

It's not necessarily about memorizing something, it's about learning how to do different games. It's just stuff you do over and over again, like training.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”