@ 170+ scorers....PT breakdown question? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Theory1195

New

@ 170+ scorers....PT breakdown question?

Post by Theory1195 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:33 am

In terms of PT's used for drilling/section practice, and PT's used for full, time-conditioned tests.....which tests would you use for drilling, and which would you save to take as full, time-conditioned tests?

I plan on sitting for the June 2017 LSAT. I recently finished the LSAT Trainer (loved it, by the way), and just started working through my 7Sage course. I have Powerscore's LR Bible & Manhattan's LR guide, too. Glanced at LR Bible, but decided to start my 7Sage course rather than intensely going through it for now.

I plan on purchasing the bundled past LSAT's pretty soon, and because I understand how crucial they are to success, I am willing to buy as many as I need to get tons and tons of practice.

What worked for you?

Any/all advice is greatly appreciated!

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: @ 170+ scorers....PT breakdown question?

Post by Alexandros » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 am

I'd recommend 50-ish onwards (I think the book starts at 52) for full timed tests, and 1-35-ish for drilling. The 40s, whichever works for you. (I used most of them for drilling, and saved a few in case I ran out of tests.) 1-35 are more than sufficient for the basics, and it's good to use the more recent ones (that will more closely resemble what you'll see on test day) for practice tests.

Also, after you've used a more recent one as a full timed test, it's a good idea to return to it and use it for drilling as well.

Good luck! :)

Theory1195

New

Post by Theory1195 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:15 am

Alexandros wrote:I'd recommend 50-ish onwards (I think the book starts at 52) for full timed tests, and 1-35-ish for drilling. The 40s, whichever works for you. (I used most of them for drilling, and saved a few in case I ran out of tests.) 1-35 are more than sufficient for the basics, and it's good to use the more recent ones (that will more closely resemble what you'll see on test day) for practice tests.

Also, after you've used a more recent one as a full timed test, it's a good idea to return to it and use it for drilling as well.

Thank you so much :)

laqueredup

Bronze

Post by laqueredup » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:33 am

Alexandros wrote: Also, after you've used a more recent one as a full timed test, it's a good idea to return to it and use it for drilling as well.

This! Make copies or a scan so you can reprint as much as you like. Esp for games, doing them over a few times until you have it memorized is helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”