Blueprint Classroom - 2 months enough? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PizzlePrincess

New

Blueprint Classroom - 2 months enough?

Post by PizzlePrincess » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:12 am

Was wondering if anyone had scarcely studied for the LSAT before taking the Blueprint classroom prep. I see that it is only a 2 month course (starts on Dec 4), but is that sufficient time to learn all the information to perform well on the exam?

Background - tried studying for the DEC test but couldnt find the balance between working FT and studying. Made my way through half of the Bibles. Only took one PT and received a 155.

Getting higher than a 170 would be a miracle, but I'm completely content with a 166-168.

cm4998

New

Re: Blueprint Classroom - 2 months enough?

Post by cm4998 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:09 pm

PizzlePrincess wrote:Was wondering if anyone had scarcely studied for the LSAT before taking the Blueprint classroom prep. I see that it is only a 2 month course (starts on Dec 4), but is that sufficient time to learn all the information to perform well on the exam?

Background - tried studying for the DEC test but couldn't find the balance between working FT and studying. Made my way through half of the Bibles. Only took one PT and received a 155.

Getting higher than a 170 would be a miracle, but I'm completely content with a 166-168.
I took a blueprint course this past summer for 2 and half months. My teacher was really good but personally, I felt that 2 1/2 months was not enough for me. But who knows, maybe it will work for you considering that your score is a lot higher than mine when I first started. Best of luck!

spqr351

New

Post by spqr351 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Last edited by spqr351 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:34 pm

PizzlePrincess wrote:Was wondering if anyone had scarcely studied for the LSAT before taking the Blueprint classroom prep. I see that it is only a 2 month course (starts on Dec 4), but is that sufficient time to learn all the information to perform well on the exam?

Background - tried studying for the DEC test but couldnt find the balance between working FT and studying. Made my way through half of the Bibles. Only took one PT and received a 155.

As a Blueprint instructor, allow me to offer my two cents.

It's definitely possible to see a significant increase in 2-2.5 months. Our students average a score increase of 11 points, and that's something the company takes very seriously - it's the minimum benchmark that we as instructors are expected to reach.

Of course, this is an average of all the students in each class, so there are some students who go up more than 11 points, and some who go up less. In my experiences teaching the course, there was always a strong correlation between the amount of work the student put in and their score increase. Our course gives you the tools and study materials that you need to master the LSAT, but it's ultimately up to you to apply yourself and make the most of those resources. That means keeping up with homework assignments for each lesson, and ideally doing extra practice outside of that to improve in areas that you find challenging.

Considering that each BP lesson is 4 hours, and that each homework assignment takes 2-4 hours to complete, with 2-3 classes per week, you're looking at a commitment of around 20 hours per week. That's if you're committed to improving your score and making the most of your time. It's essentially like having a part-time job for a few months, which is how I advise all of my students to think about LSAT prep.

We'll guide you - we've already drawn the roadmap, and continue to refine it every day - but it's up to you to stay on the path.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”