Retake/Confused -- Pls Help Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
uclabruin

New

Retake/Confused -- Pls Help

Post by uclabruin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:05 am

Hey all! I've read several posts already, but I haven't seen anyone in a similar position as myself. I am in the process of applying to law schools for the current application cycle. I have a 3.81 GPA and scored a 157 on the September LSAT. I'm a little disappointed with my score because my PTs were in the low to mid 160s, and I was very confident I would not have to retake it because my top choice school is UCLA which would likely have accepted such a score. September's test was insane for me; I missed a whopping 14 questions on the RC, which is a personal low. My question is whether I should take the exam in December or wait until February and really drill the material until I feel confident enough to reach my goal. My fear is that a February retake would be detrimental because they tend to fill up their seats early in the game. I have also considered going to a school like Southwestern and transferring into UCLA as a 2L, but that is not always guaranteed, even if I end up in the top 10% of my class. Any thoughts on my situation would be much appreciated. I really just need some clarity/confidence right now, y'all.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Retake/Confused -- Pls Help

Post by Rigo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:42 am

To make UCLA a good possibility, you'll need more than low 160's. It's unlikely you'll be able to turn it around for a December take.
Why can't you retake in February and apply next cycle?

Also, don't matriculate to a school intending to transfer.

uclabruin

New

Post by uclabruin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 pm

I would definitely like to matriculate in fall 2017 because I am ready to learn and jump in asap. I have already taken a gap year, so I feel ready as ever. I spoke with UCLA, and they assured me that a February retake would be fine for this cycle! I'm going for it! I think three months should be enough time to regain confidence and perfect my test-taking skills.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:34 pm

Rigo wrote:To make UCLA a good possibility, you'll need more than low 160's. It's unlikely you'll be able to turn it around for a December take.
Why can't you retake in February and apply next cycle?

Also, don't matriculate to a school intending to transfer.
^ I second this. In any event retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”