Should I retake for T14? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SUNY1995

New

Should I retake for T14?

Post by SUNY1995 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Last edited by SUNY1995 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Re: Should I retake for T14?

Post by kindofcanuck » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:49 pm

If your score comes back and you did worse than you hoped, you have little to lose by having another go.

MindBodyAbs

New

Post by MindBodyAbs » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:00 pm

if you're applying this cyle, definitely retake in december. your nerves will probably disappear the second time around because you've been through it before, especially if you test at the same center (and liked that center). good luck!

SlippinJimmy

New

Post by SlippinJimmy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:06 pm

If you've seen enough tests you probably have the ability to calibrate how you did on one vs another. If you think you did poorly (and not the test day "I blew it", but really did fine because you were fixated on a couple of questions), you likely did. Don't waste that GPA. You already have the basics down, preparing for a retake isn't going to take that much more time.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:44 pm

SUNY1995 wrote:I studied for the LSAT the entire summer and was averaging around a 172/171 with my highest score being a 173. The day of the test, the first section was an experimental reading comp for me and it screwed with my confidence being that RC is my worst section. The rest of the test I was not myself and my anxiety was very high. Im expecting to definitely get above a 165 (probably upper 160's). This also was the first time I took the test.

Do you think I should take it again in December and start studying again once I get my score back? Maybe I could even increase it above 173. My GPA is 3.95, I have great recommendations, and a lot of extra-curricular activities, so having a high LSAT in the 170s would give me a good chance for most of the T14 schools with money.

What should I do?
I think you should definitely retake, because it sounds like you had an off day and scored below your proven potential. I'd recommend getting back into studying with as much dedication/time invested as you had for the last cycle. Also, make sure to get enough rest for test day, and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Joscellin

Gold

Post by Joscellin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:38 am

Yeah this seems like a pretty no-harm retake. Go ahead and wait to see what this one comes back as, then prep for December.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:51 pm

I'd start studying now just in case your score comes back and its not what you were hoping for. Many people had similar experiences to you in sept and I think as you study more you will be more confident and things like that won't throw you off in december (I am doing this now just in case Sept didn't work out for me).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”