2nd Cancel Score Help! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
serenaychu91

New

2nd Cancel Score Help!

Post by serenaychu91 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel my score from this last September test. I really don't know how well I did, because LR/RC aside, I really messed up on LG....I ran out of time to bubble in my answers for like 8 frkn questions. I'm predicting a score in the low 160s.

How bad will it look to the committee if I have - Cancel - 173 - Cancel? I'm also on the fence about retaking the test if I don't cancel.. just to make prove to admissions that 173 wasn't an outlier...

Help.... :(

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Re: 2nd Cancel Score Help!

Post by kindofcanuck » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:54 pm

serenaychu91 wrote:I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel my score from this last September test. I really don't know how well I did, because LR/RC aside, I really messed up on LG....I ran out of time to bubble in my answers for like 8 frkn questions. I'm predicting a score in the low 160s.

How bad will it look to the committee if I have - Cancel - 173 - Cancel? I'm also on the fence about retaking the test if I don't cancel.. just to make prove to admissions that 173 wasn't an outlier...

It'll look the same as Cancel - 173 - whatyougot. If it's below 173 they won't care. If it's above, it helps. Cancelling 2/3 of your scores, that does not look good.

I presume the first cancel was a while back, 'cause otherwise you'd have to wait to sit a fourth time anyway.

serenaychu91

New

Post by serenaychu91 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:58 pm

kindofcanuck wrote:
serenaychu91 wrote:I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel my score from this last September test. I really don't know how well I did, because LR/RC aside, I really messed up on LG....I ran out of time to bubble in my answers for like 8 frkn questions. I'm predicting a score in the low 160s.

It'll look the same as Cancel - 173 - whatyougot. If it's below 173 they won't care. If it's above, it helps. Cancelling 2/3 of your scores, that does not look good.

I presume the first cancel was a while back, 'cause otherwise you'd have to wait to sit a fourth time anyway.
Yeah the first cancel was like almost two years ago now. Would taking it a fourth time be wise?

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Post by kindofcanuck » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:16 pm

serenaychu91 wrote:
Yeah the first cancel was like almost two years ago now. Would taking it a fourth time be wise?
You got to ask yourself how it would go differently, what you would change.

Which would probably be easier if you have the score report from the 24th. It's information you can mine. And it might be a better score than you think.

tskela

Bronze

Post by tskela » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:42 pm

kindofcanuck wrote:

OP didn't bubble in 8 questions. The score won't be better than 173. What's the point of keeping a score that's guaranteed to be worse? If they don't care about a 10 point drop, they won't care about another cancel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Post by kindofcanuck » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:59 pm

tskela wrote:
kindofcanuck wrote:

OP didn't bubble in 8 questions. The score won't be better than 173. What's the point of keeping a score that's guaranteed to be worse? If they don't care about a 10 point drop, they won't care about another cancel.
Mainly for the information to get on the rest of it. If it were a non-disclosed administration I'd be more amenable to cancelling, but my default position is if you're going to get something out of the result, you need a reason to get rid of it.

There's also ambiguity in the opening post - didn't actually say they didn't bubble 8, merely that they ran out of time. I read that as guessing, rather than 8 blanks.

tskela

Bronze

Post by tskela » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:03 pm

kindofcanuck wrote:
tskela wrote:
kindofcanuck wrote:

Mainly for the information to get on the rest of it. If it were a non-disclosed administration I'd be more amenable to cancelling, but my default position is if you're going to get something out of the result, you need a reason to get rid of it.

There's also ambiguity in the opening post - didn't actually say they didn't bubble 8, merely that they ran out of time. I read that as guessing, rather than 8 blanks.
OP can just get a copy of PT79 like everyone else when it's disclosed. It'll be fresh enough that he'll remember his thought process on the majority of questions.

Also, they said they "ran out of time to bubble"

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Post by kindofcanuck » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:22 pm

tskela wrote:
kindofcanuck wrote:
tskela wrote:
kindofcanuck wrote:

OP can just get a copy of PT79 like everyone else when it's disclosed. It'll be fresh enough that he'll remember his thought process on the majority of questions.

Also, they said they "ran out of time to bubble"
My test this time is non-disclosed, but I've done disclosed before & when it came back I didn't even recognise some of the questions, never mind explain my thought processes. It was very interesting, and helpful, to see what I'd answered, and reconstruct how. Without that, it would have been just another PT, and lost all the use of taking it.

Not that this is useful anymore, since the cancellation deadline was last night.

Voyager

Silver

Post by Voyager » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:50 am

Cancel it. Submit the 173.

Out of curiosity: why would you retake a 173? Super risky...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”