Broke my dominant hand... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Ilovemydogxo

New

Broke my dominant hand...

Post by Ilovemydogxo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:22 pm

So it's a little over a week out from the September LSAT, and I've broken my right hand, which is my dominant hand that I use to write, throw a football, pick my nose, jack off, etc. I've been prepping for the September LSAT all summer and just a couple weeks ago started to consistently PT above 170. Are there any testing accommodations available for a situation like this? Or do I just have to take the L and postpone until December? If so that'd really be a bummer because I've exhausted almost all fresh prep materials and I'm worried that I wouldn't be at my peak were I to have to wait until December.

Shemp

Bronze

Re: Broke my dominant hand...

Post by Shemp » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:41 am

[youtube]iaSUOFleNRU[/youtube]

Philafaler

New

Post by Philafaler » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:06 am

Learn to write with your left hand this week. Do an old PT a couple days before. Make the decision then.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:30 am

Use your left hand for bubbling, it shouldn't be that hard. Do the logic games sections in your mind, no diagramming. Scribble on the writing section until you draw a house and a stick figure. Boom, solved.

Seriously though, try some practice with your left hand and if you can't do it then make a decision from there

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:43 pm

First, Sorry to hear that. That fucking blows!

I haven't dealt too much with LSAC, but I would call up and see if they have accommodations for this. I'd imagine that with some documentation that your hand is actually broken (el oh el) they would have to classify you as disabled for their testing services... You'd prob have to tell someone what to write and diagram, but maybe the timing will be unlimited if thats the case...

Best of Luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Call lsac and ask. It's too late to request accommodations for September. But they may make an exception for you.

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Definitely get accommodations, and if you can't, then I would more than seriously consider postponing. At the end of the day, it's more time to study, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:44 am

If no accommodations, then postpone 100%.

FayRays

New

Post by FayRays » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:51 pm

I am so sorry about your hand.

I seriously think that you shouldn't waste all the good work with a bad score because of your broken hand. You should wait!

Consider getting your hand broken as a sign that you need more time to work on your score and get in the high 170s maybe you will get a full scholarship if you take it in on December

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 am

Wow! I am sorry about your hand. I would suggest that you postpone if you are unable to get testing accommodations. It's not worth risking getting a bad score.... and this may make for a great PS. lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”