Test day warmup Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
181plz

Bronze

Test day warmup

Post by 181plz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 am

What do you guys recommend for a test day warm up?
I was thinking something like 1 logic game, 1 reading passage and 10 Lr questions and doing them 45 min before the test starts.

Thoughts on that? Should I do questions I'm familiar with to get my confidence up? And should I be doing warm ups before my practice tests?

Deardevil

Bronze

Re: Test day warmup

Post by Deardevil » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:52 am

That sounds reasonable, though I probably would do a warmup a few hours prior.

Easy and medium-level questions are probably best since the last thing you wanna do is crush your confidence.

A warmup is almost like a second experimental section, so you'd be building some endurance along the way as well.

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 am

I do the exact same thing, except I just read a few RC passages and don't do any questions

galadriel3019

New

Post by galadriel3019 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:02 pm

I don't think there's a right answer... but you could also not do warm up questions. I did a bit of yoga and ate a good breakfast.

The biggest thing I think that helped was I had a friend talk to me in the morning. Not about anything specific, but just getting my mind going by chatting while also benefitting from having a friendly face to help me keep calm.

Maybe try a few options for warm ups over the course of taking practice tests, that way you can find out the best option for you come test day.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Don't go too hard for your warm-up!

I think for my LSATs, I did 8 LR Questions, 1 LG game, and just read 1 passage of RC in the waiting room an hour before the exam. I was the only one in the room doing any warm-ups, though so maybe I wasn't doing it right haha

but the most important thing IMO is to use the bathroom before you go into the testing room. I forgot my first time taking it and paid heavy consequences. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:33 pm

181plz wrote:What do you guys recommend for a test day warm up?
I was thinking something like 1 logic game, 1 reading passage and 10 Lr questions and doing them 45 min before the test starts.

Thoughts on that? Should I do questions I'm familiar with to get my confidence up? And should I be doing warm ups before my practice tests?
This sounds pretty good, though personally I would go even lighter. I did more like 5 LR questions, and set up a game without doing the questions. I also read a passage and analyzed it, but didn't do the questions for that either. Don't warmup on any difficult material - use it to get your head in the game and boost your confidence.

giantswan

Bronze

Post by giantswan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:37 pm

I think I did something similar, but with less LR questions. I went through and did every third question on an LR section.

I did the exact same routine at least two times before the actual test - from warm-ups all the way down to what I had for breakfast. Not saying it's necessary, but I felt like it helped me.

Also I don't think doing questions your familiar with is a good idea - seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of the warm up. Obviously do them untimed though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”