Is there a downside to taking the Sep LSAT even though I know I'm taking Dec? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
olikatz

Bronze

Is there a downside to taking the Sep LSAT even though I know I'm taking Dec?

Post by olikatz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:00 pm

I have never taken the LSAT before and I feel like it will at least be a good experience to get a feel for it. Would there be a negative to doing this? The only thing I could think of is diminished confidence and motivation if I don't do so great. What else could be an issue?

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Re: Is there a downside to taking the Sep LSAT even though I know I'm taking Dec?

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Waste of money if you're not prepared

Mikey

Platinum

Re: Is there a downside to taking the Sep LSAT even though I know I'm taking Dec?

Post by Mikey » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:17 pm

You would waste a take, which sucks if you don't do well and aren't prepared.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:18 pm

do not do this. you might need those 2 retakes.

HYPSM

Bronze

Post by HYPSM » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:53 pm

LOL SMH

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:22 pm

I'm going to play devil's advocate, and say it's not a bad idea (but not necessarily the right choice); if you're someone with a lot of nerves, taking it as a warmup is not a bad way to get acclimated to the test and see that an official sit is not that big of a deal. With that said, I think it is important to at least be testing at a level which you are happy with; for example, if you've just started studying and are scoring near your diagnostic, don't sit for an exam. But if you've been scoring in the 165-169 range with a goal of 170+ but would be content with a 167 first-take, then it may not be a bad idea.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”