Is it me or is drilling with PTs 1-5 more difficult? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
olikatz

Bronze

Is it me or is drilling with PTs 1-5 more difficult?

Post by olikatz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:57 pm

I starting drilling LR with PT 10+ but I just started with Weaken and Strengthen from 1-5 and I found that some questions were fairly simple, like to the point that it's too simple and others were so ambiguous that I started struggling and second guessing myself. I am consistently getting 85% correct on higher PT Qs but with 1-5 I am getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-73% correct. I hope I'm not the only one that feels like these are more difficult after being conditioned to a certain type of structure on the higher PTs. Should I even put weight into lower PT scores as the LSAT will likely follow the structure of more recent PTs?

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Is it me or is drilling with PTs 1-5 more difficult?

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:49 am

olikatz wrote:I starting drilling LR with PT 10+ but I just started with Weaken and Strengthen from 1-5 and I found that some questions were fairly simple, like to the point that it's too simple and others were so ambiguous that I started struggling and second guessing myself. I am consistently getting 85% correct on higher PT Qs but with 1-5 I am getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-73% correct. I hope I'm not the only one that feels like these are more difficult after being conditioned to a certain type of structure on the higher PTs. Should I even put weight into lower PT scores as the LSAT will likely follow the structure of more recent PTs?

The style of the test has definitely changed. I think that the early PTs are still useful because you're dealing with the same question types, but I don't think they're as useful an indicator of how you'll do as a more recent preptest.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”