Short on time for LG Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cardinal23

New

Short on time for LG

Post by cardinal23 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:53 pm

I usually end up having to blindly guess on 1-3 qs at the end of each LG section. I've been busting my ass on timed sections ever since I restarted studying in June. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. How do I improve on my time for LGs?

Mikey

Platinum

Re: Short on time for LG

Post by Mikey » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Do you try and solve for all possibilities before heading into the questions or do you brute force your way through the questions?

If you brute force your way through the questions, do all of the questions that start with "If" first, and then go to the must/could be true, must/could be false questions. By the time you get to the true/false questions, you would have already done a ton of diagramming and can get rid of some answer choices from going back and seeing them.

cardinal23

New

Re: Short on time for LG

Post by cardinal23 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:15 pm

TheMikey wrote:Do you try and solve for all possibilities before heading into the questions or do you brute force your way through the questions?

If you brute force your way through the questions, do all of the questions that start with "If" first, and then go to the must/could be true, must/could be false questions. By the time you get to the true/false questions, you would have already done a ton of diagramming and can get rid of some answer choices from going back and seeing them.
I try to avoid brute forcing when possible. I've found that with practice I am able to solve for all possibilities more often. That "if" trick makes sense though and that's a good thing to incorporate, thank you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”