Podcasts to Improve LR? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HaveMercy

New

Podcasts to Improve LR?

Post by HaveMercy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Re: Podcasts to Improve LR?

Post by kellyfrost » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:01 pm

HaveMercy wrote:Anyone know of any good podcasts that will help me improve on logical reasoning. Please to recommend the Thinking LSAT or LSAT Logic in Everyday Life - heard them but they don't really help me out.

It doesn't have to be specifically geared to the LSAT, just something that would benefit me rather than idly listening to music or political podcasts.
Based upon your comment, I do not think you need podcasts or additional studying of the LR section of the LSAT. Instead, you need to stop listening to music and political podcasts. You should really stop listening to music. Not only will it help you on the LSAT but it will also be generally beneficial as well.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:13 pm

how about you read a book?

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:37 pm

HaveMercy wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
HaveMercy wrote:Anyone know of any good podcasts that will help me improve on logical reasoning. Please to recommend the Thinking LSAT or LSAT Logic in Everyday Life - heard them but they don't really help me out.

It doesn't have to be specifically geared to the LSAT, just something that would benefit me rather than idly listening to music or political podcasts.
Based upon your comment, I do not think you need podcasts or additional studying of the LR section of the LSAT. Instead, you need to stop listening to music and political podcasts. You should really stop listening to music. Not only will it help you on the LSAT but it will also be generally beneficial as well.
Ok, maybe music may not help me on the LSAT, but how is it "generally beneficial" to not listen to music? Wow. What if it has a soothing and relaxing factor to it - a release? What if I just passionately love music and use it not only as a hobby, but as an academic pursuit? I have heard never listen to "X band/genre", but never in my life have I ever heard to not listen to music. I never thought I would find a harsher music critic than anyone on Pitchfork.
Upon further review of both of your comments, it does not appear that you are ready to take the LSAT. Maybe the GMAT is more of your speed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Maybe try listening to philosophy/logic lectures? If you're trying to improve your logical reasoning ability, that's the only thing I can think of outside of the podcasts you've mentioned. To be honest, if you're trying to get better at the LR section, you're pretty much going to have to do some reading of some kind. It's all about being able to read, comprehend, and analyze arguments, and the best way to improve on that is do actual questions, review mistakes, and read explanations/discussions of questions.

I suppose if you could find a podcast devoted to analyzing arguments, that could help set you in the right mindset. I don't know of any that do that, but I'd encourage you to google and experiment with a few.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:21 pm

try listening to political podcasts of those you disagree with. you will probably try to counter arguments they make while you listen, which I think would indirectly help your LR skills! I actually do this all the time on Youtube (for a laugh, but I make arguments in my head all the time).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tzzzok

New

Post by tzzzok » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:57 pm

proteinshake wrote:podcasts of those you disagree with
As a non-Boston fan, Bill Simmons' homerisms work wonders for this.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:25 pm

This is a terrible thread that should be closed and deleted by the moderators.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:45 pm

kellyfrost wrote:

This is a terrible thread that should be closed and deleted by the moderators.
why

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:18 am

proteinshake wrote:try listening to political podcasts of those you disagree with. you will probably try to counter arguments they make while you listen, which I think would indirectly help your LR skills! I actually do this all the time on Youtube (for a laugh, but I make arguments in my head all the time).
I think this is a great idea! I often find my reasoning skills are improved by doing just this.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiltedKicker

Bronze

Post by KiltedKicker » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:38 am

Any time spent actually studying will be 1000 times more productive so I wouldn't expect this to make a big difference. Listening to political arguments you disagree with seems like a solid option. Reading non-fiction books or articles might help as well, you could get one on audiotape.

Also, Kellyfrost is either a troll or the wettest blanket I've ever seen. Who in their right mind thinks that it's 'generally beneficial' to stop listening to music, especially if it's something you like doing?

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:02 pm

I don't know about podcasts for LR questions, but I have trouble with Science RC passages so I've been listening to Nature Journal podcasts in my free time. It's free and gets your brain acclimated to different types of material (often scientific).

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:56 pm

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”