Overdoing? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WeightliftingThinker

Bronze

Overdoing?

Post by WeightliftingThinker » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Please delete this thread
Last edited by WeightliftingThinker on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maybeman

Bronze

Re: Overdoing?

Post by maybeman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:09 am

Always go for the lower hanging fruit first, as every question is worth the same amount. Ideally & with no test date concerns, go for all the fruit -- drill regardless of difficulty level. If you feel like you have the propensity to nail those harder flaw questions, do it. But if you're stuck deciding between drilling two question types you miss equally often, drill the lower-level ones. In short, the answer to your question depends what you're currently PTing at.

WeightliftingThinker

Bronze

Post by WeightliftingThinker » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:20 am

maybeman wrote:Always go for the lower hanging fruit first, as every question is worth the same amount. Ideally & with no test date concerns, go for all the fruit -- drill regardless of difficulty level. If you feel like you have the propensity to nail those harder flaw questions, do it. But if you're stuck deciding between drilling two question types you miss equally often, drill the lower-level ones. In short, the answer to your question depends what you're currently PTing at.
Last edited by WeightliftingThinker on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:25 am

WeightliftingThinker wrote:
maybeman wrote:Always go for the lower hanging fruit first, as every question is worth the same amount. Ideally & with no test date concerns, go for all the fruit -- drill regardless of difficulty level. If you feel like you have the propensity to nail those harder flaw questions, do it. But if you're stuck deciding between drilling two question types you miss equally often, drill the lower-level ones. In short, the answer to your question depends what you're currently PTing at.
I am scheduled for the September exam. 155 was my most recent PT, largely due to LG. This score is twenty points lower than I would prefer it to be, which is why I am open to rescheduling.

That's great knowledge to have. I would focus heavily on LG for now. If by September you feel you have LG down and the average of your last 5 PTs is within 3 points of your target score, sit for the test. You're lucky your weakness is in the most learnable section! If you feel like you could still use a month or two by September (to nail down tough flaw questions, for example), I highly recommend waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”