168: Study tips for September retake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tianwei94

New

168: Study tips for September retake?

Post by tianwei94 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently got my scores back for the June LSAT, and ended up with 168. Since my goal score was 175, I’m applying to retake the exam in September. Up till now, I’ve been doing mostly self study, and have gone through an ungodly amount of textbooks(mostly powerscore) + over 15 practice tests.

What would you guys recommend as a next step, for getting that 7-point increase? I’m thinking of taking classes (since I’ve exhausted all my self-study materials), but am not sure if it’s worth the time and money to get a private tutor. However, that being said, taking group classes seems like it might also not be so smart, since I’ve already fairly grasped the LSAT basics and methodology.

Thoughts?

RamTitan

Silver

Re: 168: Study tips for September retake?

Post by RamTitan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:43 pm

If you've only taken 15 practice tests, then you have not exhausted your prep materials. Keep doing practice tests. Good news is that you have a solid chance of hitting your goal score.

Deardevil

Bronze

Re: 168: Study tips for September retake?

Post by Deardevil » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Where are your weaknesses? Try to cover those holes.
It seems you have the understanding; you just need to apply that understanding with practice/drills.
I'd suggest getting your hands on more PTs, particularly the most recent; 15 don't seem sufficient, imo.
You'll save more and probably gain more out of it than getting a tutor,
though, if the latter helps motivate you more, then by all means.
My philosophy is if I take, let's say, five consecutive PTs and score, for example, 173, 175, 178, 174, and 176,
and my sixth would be the real deal, I'm fairly confident I'll score within that range.
First score some 175s and higher, then you'll start to see that you can achieve it on test day.
Otherwise, you''ll be less certain of the outcome. HTH.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:52 pm

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”