Should I take notes as I read through LSAT trainer? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
studyingeveryday

Silver

Should I take notes as I read through LSAT trainer?

Post by studyingeveryday » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:22 am

I was wondering--when you all read through the trainer, did you just read it and mark stuff here and there, or did you take actual notes as you went through it? Or did you go back after a number of chapters and then take notes on the most important stuff?

meeseeks

Silver

Re: Should I take notes as I read through LSAT trainer?

Post by meeseeks » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:27 am

studyingeveryday wrote:I was wondering--when you all read through the trainer, did you just read it and mark stuff here and there, or did you take actual notes as you went through it? Or did you go back after a number of chapters and then take notes on the most important stuff?
I did take notes. However, I never went back and reviewed those notes. I did it mainly because it helped me slow down and actually absorb the material. The book does a good job of revisiting critical topics multiple times so if you can absorb the material the first time then I think the need for notes is greatly reduced.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:31 am

I think this depends on how comfortable you feel with incorporating notes or not. Some people can just read it and maybe highlight/underline some stuff or you can take notes. Try taking notes if you'd like and see how you feel about it.

studyingeveryday

Silver

Post by studyingeveryday » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am

Thank you both!! I'll take small notes as I go along and see how I feel.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:03 am

As everyone else said. Try it! Nothing to lose and you might find it vey helpful. I took a few but have a habit of never looking at them again, but I am sure they helped in my memorizing the things I wanted. I also tab pages that are important. That has been working well for me.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:36 am

I would treat it as you did most of your college work [or possibly re-evaluate how you did said college work]

Basically, I took fairly good notes on the book, but that was because I was reading through it / doing the questions too quickly. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but I intentionally took notes to make myself slow down. On newer / more challenging sections, I would read a new chapter [or half depending the length] before bed while underlining. The following day I would re-read that material and jot notes down.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”