PREP TEST 10 -LG 4- February 1994 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tasteofcherry

New

PREP TEST 10 -LG 4- February 1994

Post by tasteofcherry » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:42 pm

edited
Last edited by tasteofcherry on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jfiaff

New

Re: PREP TEST 10 -LG 4- February 1994

Post by jfiaff » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:57 pm

O being in and first pushes out M, N, and J (look at the contapositive of the first rule. If J is out then N is also out).

If X was in, that would push Z and P out, but three of the four out-slots are already filled by M, N, and J, so X must be out.

tasteofcherry

New

Post by tasteofcherry » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:08 pm

jfiaff wrote:O being in and first pushes out M, N, and J (look at the contapositive of the first rule. If J is out then N is also out).

If X was in, that would push Z and P out, but three of the four out-slots are already filled by M, N, and J, so X must be out.
Thanks JFIAFF. For some reason I didn't process that M just can't be *in the game together* with O/N, game says nothing about M being out of the game with anyone else, or O not being able to be grouped with different players. Silly oversight. I appreciate the help.

This thread can be closed (if there are any MODS looking at this by chance)

jfiaff

New

Post by jfiaff » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:14 pm

tasteofcherry wrote: This thread can be closed (if there are any MODS looking at this by chance)
Or you can put your question back in the original post so that other people can learn from it. No shame in not understanding something.

tasteofcherry

New

Post by tasteofcherry » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:41 pm

jfiaff wrote:
tasteofcherry wrote: This thread can be closed (if there are any MODS looking at this by chance)
Or you can put your question back in the original post so that other people can learn from it. No shame in not understanding something.
If I were ashamed I wouldn't have posted it in the first place. I simply didn't think that it would have served much of a purpose given that I had outlined one specific question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”