Need advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Sweetneers

New

Need advice

Post by Sweetneers » Mon May 16, 2016 3:40 am

Tell me I'm doing the right thing by putting off law school and retaking.

Current: 50% Scholly to Miami, WL at GSU (and elsewhere, but GSU would be prefered), Still UR at GW.

3.06 LSAC GPA (With dying sister addendum.)
I'm 20, Graduated high school and college in 4 years combined.
Run a successful company, with a serious resume to boot.

I made a 157 on the LSAT. I want to retake. I know I can do better. My first diagnostic was a 151, highest was a 160. I studied probably for 3-4 hours a week, for a few (6-8?) weeks before the test. I'm currently considering taking the Sept/October LSAT and buying the LSAT Ultimate+ from 7sage. Is 7sage worth it? I own two prep test books, a giant Kaplan book that I didn't like, and two books of 10 real LSATs, of which I've taken maybe 4.

TIA.

mornincounselor

Silver

Re: Need advice

Post by mornincounselor » Mon May 16, 2016 5:17 am

You are doing the right thing by putting off law school and retaking.

I'm a fan of 7sage, but they are a supplement. The real work has to be done by you. You have to drill the various question types, do the full timed 5 section LSATs, blind review your mistakes and push through in the face of adversity.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon May 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Yeah it's a good idea to retake. With that GPA, you want to try your best for a higher LSAT score so you have a better chance at money. Especially if you think that you can do better on the test then definitely try again. I liked 7sage's logic games videos, and basically just learned by trying games out on my own and then watching their videos and seeing where I went wrong or if I properly got the correct inferences. Definitely blind review your PT's!

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Sweetneers wrote:Tell me I'm doing the right thing by putting off law school and retaking.

Current: 50% Scholly to Miami, WL at GSU (and elsewhere, but GSU would be prefered), Still UR at GW.

3.06 LSAC GPA (With dying sister addendum.)
I'm 20, Graduated high school and college in 4 years combined.
Run a successful company, with a serious resume to boot.

I made a 157 on the LSAT. I want to retake. I know I can do better. My first diagnostic was a 151, highest was a 160. I studied probably for 3-4 hours a week, for a few (6-8?) weeks before the test. I'm currently considering taking the Sept/October LSAT and buying the LSAT Ultimate+ from 7sage. Is 7sage worth it? I own two prep test books, a giant Kaplan book that I didn't like, and two books of 10 real LSATs, of which I've taken maybe 4.

TIA.
You're definitely making the right move. I'm sure that you can do better than a 157, and a better score will translate to better offers.

As an alternative to working through different books/a course, you might also want to consider getting a private tutor, if you can afford it. For students who've already gone through the material and are looking to improve, a tutor can be invaluable in pointing out your specific weaknesses, and helping you improve on them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”