Best LSAT Prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
harveybatra

New

Best LSAT Prep

Post by harveybatra » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Hello all,

I am considering studying for my LSAT. I am looking into KAPLAN in-person classroom prep, but wanted to gain inputs from others who used this course.

I plan on studying the coursework work 3 weeks before classes begin and classes go on from April to June 2nd; and take the June 8th exam.

Any thoughts on the course quality; does studying in advance help? Other comments on my timeline?

P.S. Other training courses I should also consider? I live in Washington DC

Thanks
Harvey

ChinaCat

New

Re: Best LSAT Prep

Post by ChinaCat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Studying in advance definitely helps. You need to study in advance, and study a lot. I have heard a lot of bad things about the Kaplan course and Kaplan study materials. I liked 7sage's online class. You can also self-study.

Edit: I just looked at your timeline. I think you need more time. I would take the test in September/October if I were you.

harveybatra

New

Post by harveybatra » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks Chinacat. You don't think 2 straight months of all study would be enough? I am currently now working so will be studying full time.

What is the minimum required timeline for LSAT. I am an engineering major who has good command over the language, but I would not call myself an expert at it.

Any other recommendations besides 7SAGE?

ChinaCat

New

Post by ChinaCat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:44 pm

I've also heard good things about testmasters and manhattan. Some people like Powerscore. I would guess that most people need at least 3 months, but 2 months could be enough. You don't want to burn yourself out though. You could study for June and postpone if you don't feel ready. I know I wasn't ready after 2 months.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”