Advice/Approach for June 2016 LSAT prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
New_Spice180

Bronze

Advice/Approach for June 2016 LSAT prep

Post by New_Spice180 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:52 am

Hey all,

I'm looking towards a 175+ score for the June LSAT. I recently got my score back, and although I didn't do poorly, I feel that I have so much room for growth. My studies are characterized as spotty on/off with one month of hard drilling/reading, and really I know that my fundamentals (in terms of understanding LG games, making inferences and LR understanding) could be much better.

With that stated, I'm coming to you all for a concrete approach of attack. As i said earlier, I'm aiming high because, well...there isn't any real motivation if you're not aiming for the top.

So, what I've gathered so far for my study materials:
-Powerscore Bibles (LR/LG)
-Kaplan Mastery LR
-Cambridge 1-39 LG questions by type
-Prep tests 7-72
-LSAT Super Prep
I just recently started again after receiving my score, and I chose to take the "PithyPike" method of approach, however I some have stated that 7 sage is beneficial, but I really want to hear your opinions.

Thanks, and good luck to all!

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Advice/Approach for June 2016 LSAT prep

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:54 am

New_Spice180 wrote:Hey all,

I'm looking towards a 175+ score for the June LSAT. I recently got my score back, and although I didn't do poorly, I feel that I have so much room for growth. My studies are characterized as spotty on/off with one month of hard drilling/reading, and really I know that my fundamentals (in terms of understanding LG games, making inferences and LR understanding) could be much better.

With that stated, I'm coming to you all for a concrete approach of attack. As i said earlier, I'm aiming high because, well...there isn't any real motivation if you're not aiming for the top.

So, what I've gathered so far for my study materials:
-Powerscore Bibles (LR/LG)
-Kaplan Mastery LR
-Cambridge 1-39 LG questions by type
-Prep tests 7-72
-LSAT Super Prep
I just recently started again after receiving my score, and I chose to take the "PithyPike" method of approach, however I some have stated that 7 sage is beneficial, but I really want to hear your opinions.

Thanks, and good luck to all!
You've got more than enough great study materials. I think you should definitely review those fundamentals you mentioned, because they are essential to master if you want to hit the top tier of scores.

For LR, figure out which q.types you tend to miss the most, and focus on drilling those. Read all the answer choices closely, and don't move on until you're sure why each of the wrong answers doesn't work. For LG, keep a log of all the games where you missed a question. Review that game and do it again a week or two later. For RC, practice reading for the big picture ideas, like author attitude and main point, during your first reading of the passage.

Work on your endurance. You want to take a good amount of timed, full preptests, but feel free to work up to the 5-section total if you find it too intense. Do 2 sections in a row, then 3, then 4, and finally 5. Increasing this incrementally is a lot less stressful, in my opinion.

I can offer more advice if you have a more specific question.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”