Blueprint course on campus? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
O.J.

Bronze

Blueprint course on campus?

Post by O.J. » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:17 am

I have a Blueprint course on my campus I'm considering taking. It's about 1700 bucks so I want to make sure it lives up to all the positive ratings I've seen so far online. I just checked the compendium in here, but those threads are mostly several years old. Has anyone had experience with Blueprint courses? Thoughts appreciated.

Also, the course doesn't start until June, for the September test. I would like to study on my own till then, using the LSAT Trainer, but now I'm worried the two systems might create confusion. Is this true? Should I study Blueprint books up until I begin the course to better align with their methodology?

Thanks guys!
Last edited by O.J. on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Re: Blueprint course on campus?

Post by Clearly » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:22 am

Where?

O.J.

Bronze

Post by O.J. » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:37 am

UCLA

lebongenre

Bronze

Post by lebongenre » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:02 am

I had a really great experience with a Blueprint class. Highly recommend their program, and depending on when you sign up you may be able to get a discount code for $150-200 off.

IIRC, you get access to the online course and your books before the class starts, so you can start a bit early if you want. They also have a dedicated logic games book that's separate from the main course books if you want to start there.

When I took the class, I felt up until 2 weeks before the exam that maybe the program was too short. Then, it totally "clicked" for me and my lingering weaknesses cleared up. I really credit the class structure with that.

One thing to keep in mind: The course is really drilling-oriented. I think I only took 11 practice tests total, and that's all I needed to crush my first take. However, if you're doing well with the drills and early tests, talk to your instructor about adding timed sections and/or more practice tests earlier. I wished I had done that because 1) the analytics on the website are awesome and helpful 2) I think it would've given me a little more peace of mind in the home stretch. Definitely not be necessary but worth considering.

Hope that helps!!

Edit: English

O.J.

Bronze

Post by O.J. » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Some excellent advice, thanks!!

O.J.

Bronze

Post by O.J. » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Ok guys, I'm about to drop 1700 bucks on this thing, anyone have any further input?

Thanks again!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”