LSAT Retake Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
syv334

New

LSAT Retake

Post by syv334 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 pm

So I just took the February LSAT and decided to cancel my score. I am planning on taking it again in June. That being said, I have already gone through practice tests 52-69. How should I prepare for the next LSAT, in terms of PTs? Use the same ones? Use the older ones?

LitigatingLiar

Bronze

Re: LSAT Retake

Post by LitigatingLiar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:50 pm

The "best method is to drill with older ones and take tests with newer ones. Remember that June is 4 months away. You need to pace yourself, or you'll run out of tests or you'll be redoing the same tests ver and over again and losing the benefits of studying. Maybe go back to early tests and drill a little bit before doing tests.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:07 pm

syv334 wrote:So I just took the February LSAT and decided to cancel my score. I am planning on taking it again in June. That being said, I have already gone through practice tests 52-69. How should I prepare for the next LSAT, in terms of PTs? Use the same ones? Use the older ones?
You should be drilling question types and doing full sections using the older tests. Save the newest ones (70 and onward) for timed preptests, and keep at least 2 or 3 for the weeks leading up to the test.

There are subtle stylistic differences that make the recent preptests more similar to the one you'll be taking in June, but the overall content hasn't changed massively, so even the old tests will provide great practice.

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Blueprint Mithun wrote:
syv334 wrote:So I just took the February LSAT and decided to cancel my score. I am planning on taking it again in June. That being said, I have already gone through practice tests 52-69. How should I prepare for the next LSAT, in terms of PTs? Use the same ones? Use the older ones?
You should be drilling question types and doing full sections using the older tests. Save the newest ones (70 and onward) for timed preptests, and keep at least 2 or 3 for the weeks leading up to the test.

There are subtle stylistic differences that make the recent preptests more similar to the one you'll be taking in June, but the overall content hasn't changed massively, so even the old tests will provide great practice.
I've noticed the trends in difficulties of certain sections from PT 1 to now. I find LG from PT 1-40 to be generally harder, and from 40-60 the LSAC made RC significantly more difficult while LG has gotten "easier", and from 60 to onward they made LR harder, and now it seems like they are treading back to making LG harder by throwing more and more curveballs.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:21 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Blueprint Mithun wrote:

I've noticed the trends in difficulties of certain sections from PT 1 to now. I find LG from PT 1-40 to be generally harder, and from 40-60 the LSAC made RC significantly more difficult while LG has gotten "easier", and from 60 to onward they made LR harder, and now it seems like they are treading back to making LG harder by throwing more and more curveballs.
Yeah, that analysis makes a lot of sense to me. LR has definitely gotten harder in recent tests. The questions and arguments have gotten longer and are generally more complex than they used to be. And there has been a recent jump in weird LG games.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”