Cambridge Website Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MAPP

Bronze

Cambridge Website

Post by MAPP » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:57 pm

At the top of their website Cambridge has "Official LSAT content in both printed and downloadable form will only be available for a short time. If you need to purchase LSAT content, be sure to do so soon. Going forward, we will continue to offer downloadable explanations and mostly non-Cambridge books in our bookstore." Has this been on their website for awhile and is just a way to get you to buy more now, or should I actually be worried about missing out on categorized lsat drill packets and buy everything I can now?

MAPP

Bronze

Re: Cambridge Website

Post by MAPP » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 pm

bumping

MAPP

Bronze

Post by MAPP » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:17 pm

For anyone who cares to know the answer, I emailed Cambridge and this was their reply:

"We don't yet have a specific date, but as soon as there is one, it will be appended to that message.

Your understanding is correct. All our products containing official LSAT questions (tests, sections, drilling packets, etc.), in both pdf and book form, will no longer be available. We will continue to offer explanations for download. The bookstore will stay up, but it will mostly feature LSAT books from other publishers."

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:27 pm

They originally announced that you would be unable to purchase the packets after August. But apparently LSAC hasn't forced them to stop selling yet. However, it's anyone's guess when that will happen, and it could be at any time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/ ... e_packets/

I was able to purchase them in October and I got the same message, that they would be discontinued "soon." Better safe than sorry though, if you have a packet that you plan to buy you should do it soon.

Binghamton1018

Bronze

Post by Binghamton1018 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:11 pm

I actually called them and to just repeat what has already been said the representative did not know a date or even a ballpark date in which things were no longer going to be available (I asked was it going to be "first quarter 2016" or not.) The targeted drilling pdfs are incredibly efficient to have, so I went ahead and purchased several, but to date have not purchased all that I need.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sephora_addict

Bronze

Post by sephora_addict » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Binghamton1018 wrote:I actually called them and to just repeat what has already been said the representative did not know a date or even a ballpark date in which things were no longer going to be available (I asked was it going to be "first quarter 2016" or not.) The targeted drilling pdfs are incredibly efficient to have, so I went ahead and purchased several, but to date have not purchased all that I need.
Going to purchase whatever ones I need today.. Jussssssst in case!

MAPP

Bronze

Post by MAPP » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:49 pm

pterodactyls wrote:They originally announced that you would be unable to purchase the packets after August. But apparently LSAC hasn't forced them to stop selling yet. However, it's anyone's guess when that will happen, and it could be at any time.

I was able to purchase them in October and I got the same message, that they would be discontinued "soon." Better safe than sorry though, if you have a packet that you plan to buy you should do it soon.
I glanced over the reddit post. Does this mean LSAC will no longer allow anyone to even sell downloadable versions of previous LSATs??

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:16 pm

MAPP wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:They originally announced that you would be unable to purchase the packets after August. But apparently LSAC hasn't forced them to stop selling yet. However, it's anyone's guess when that will happen, and it could be at any time.

I glanced over the reddit post. Does this mean LSAC will no longer allow anyone to even sell downloadable versions of previous LSATs??
Technically yes, I think so.

My theory is that LSAC will soon sell downloadable versions of previous LSATs through their website, and will then disallow any other company to sell them. So, you would be able to buy them through LSAC at LSAC's price, but wouldn't be able to buy downloadable PDFs anywhere else. This may be why Cambridge hasn't been forced to stop selling yet, because LSAC hasn't gotten their platform up and running yet.

MAPP

Bronze

Post by MAPP » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:18 pm

pterodactyls wrote:
MAPP wrote:

My theory is that LSAC will soon sell downloadable versions of previous LSATs through their website, and will then disallow any other company to sell them. So, you would be able to buy them through LSAC at LSAC's price, but wouldn't be able to buy downloadable PDFs anywhere else. This may be why Cambridge hasn't been forced to stop selling yet, because LSAC hasn't gotten their platform up and running yet.
Let's hope so. I've sent LSAC an email about this and we'll see what they say.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:52 pm

MAPP wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:
MAPP wrote:

Let's hope so. I've sent LSAC an email about this and we'll see what they say.
They put out a survey last year asking us how much we'd pay for PDF LSATs. So I think when they're discontinued on Cambridge you'll be able to get them from LSAC.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me, PDF vs. ordering paper copies. I get them in two days anyway with Amazon Prime.

MAPP

Bronze

Post by MAPP » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:31 pm

pterodactyls wrote:
Doesn't make much of a difference to me, PDF vs. ordering paper copies. I get them in two days anyway with Amazon Prime.
I'd agree there. The only thing that worried me was no longer being able to purchase drill packets, but I bought everything I should need for drilling after I saw the message on Cambridge's website. Although I'm still worried I might want something later that I didn't buy...

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:32 am

MAPP wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:
I'd agree there. The only thing that worried me was no longer being able to purchase drill packets, but I bought everything I should need for drilling after I saw the message on Cambridge's website. Although I'm still worried I might want something later that I didn't buy...
I bought one drill packet as well, LR questions PT 1-38 organized by question type and difficulty. Could never get through them all, but it was definitely useful for drilling.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”