Testmasters vs. Manhattan live course Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
simplypara588

New

Testmasters vs. Manhattan live course

Post by simplypara588 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:39 am

I've seen a lot posts from past years discussing the best prep courses, but would like some more recent input. I'm currently deciding between Testmasters and Manhattan. I work full time and commute about an hour into NYC from home, so for me, a major pro about Manhattan is that its classes only meet once per week and end about a half hour earlier than Testmasters' (with testmasters, I would be getting very little sleep the nights I have my courses and am concerned about getting worn down/not having time to do HW between classes). I also think Manhattan's private tutor sessions between classes could be very beneficial. However, I have heard more positive reviews about Testmasters overall and wouldn't want to waste money on a class that isn't "the best." Thoughts?

TrunksFan1

Bronze

Re: Testmasters vs. Manhattan live course

Post by TrunksFan1 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:29 pm

I took the Manhattan course, so I can attest to the fact that it is very well thought out and that their instructors are incredible. I will say that, despite how convenient the once a week class sessions are, I wish I went with the Testmasters course because of how frequently it met. Everyone has different learning styles, but I feel like being able to meet multiple times a week would have made me a little more disciplined with the material. I also feel like it gives you time to pinpoint specific issues with sections as they come up. When you have only one meeting a week I feel like its so easy for everything to kind of blur together.

potuslarry

New

Re: Testmasters vs. Manhattan live course

Post by potuslarry » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:22 pm

IMO the point of taking a course is basically as a commitment device so that you actually put in the time and effort necessary to bump up your score in a structured way. Because of this, it seems to me that a class that meets more should generally be preferred to a class that meets less.

I did testmasters and had a great time. I have to say that I feel like the individual instructor really makes or breaks an LSAT prep class. My guy had a perfect combination of being clear, willing to explain things in multiple ways, and being funny enough/interesting enough to keep people's attention. Knowing what I know now, if I were you I would look up the instructors of the courses you are considering and seeing how much experience they have and what kind of feedback there is for them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”