Cancel Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
reidwells

New

Cancel

Post by reidwells » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Hello--

I just took the Dec 2015 LSAT, and realized in the middle of the test I was doing poorly. I did not go in to the test as prepared as I could be, and after studying since June (and having a large family-related set-back) I had complete apathy about the test walking in to it.

I have a strong GPA, and believe I'm capable of a strong LSAT score with better preparation and mindset.

I have never scored higher on an LSAT pt than I thought I would, and I would imagine this situation is no different- I can't imagine my score being above a 160, and I feel like I am capable of much higher.

Most of these posts stress that a cancel has no benefit, but my question is, what's the harm? I feel like a cancellation looks much better than a low LSAT on your record-- even if schools claim not to notice.

Any input is greatly appreciated, I have three days to decide.

RedGiant

Re: Cancel

Post by RedGiant » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:15 pm

Def recommend cancelling. If you're ever asked about it in an interview, you can just say you felt very ill during the test.

Only way I'd tell you to leave it is if you truly believe there's a miracle great score hidden there and you MUST apply this year. February is a little late to get in to highly competitive schools with good money.

Good luck. Take this for the learning experience that it is. Don't beat yourself up, and use it to motivate yourself to rock out on the sections you did not already rock out on....

lennybriscoe

New

Re: Cancel

Post by lennybriscoe » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”